"Dirty" Replays

• Thread starter Suede53
  • 26 comments
Suede53 / GTP_Suede53
I just got my PS3 and downloaded GTHD last night and overall I'm quite impressed with the potential this thing has.

Anyway, after blasting through the time trial mode to get everything unlocked, I went back and put some effort into turning some decent times. I'm not the fastest driver out there but I was getting top 100 rankings pretty easy and was happy about that. Here's what's bothering me though, I started watching the top 10 replays and everyone of them has a lot of off-road time, more than enough to be disqualified for any WRS race I've been in. I realize it would be next to impossible for Sony to police the leaderboards & it would be too much work for any of the other leaderboard sites to verify the replays, but it's still annoying to me that I can't see where a rank with other 'clean' times.

Oh, one more thing, I also noticed that there is a severe lack of NA drivers in the all-time lists? What's the deal with that?

2 wheels on the dirt is OK in my book, but as far as the top leaders I only seen them go offroad completely in the corner right before the bridge. Of course I've gotten a chance to see the Ferrari 599 replays. Overall, I say PD has done a pretty good job to keep the cheaters at bay.

As for me, I can easily get a top 10 time, and top 5 if I really concentrate (which is kinda hard for me ADD). Trying to get top time with the Ferrari, but there's always a guy there who get's into 1 08 times. My record is 1 09 300. I can't wait for GT5.

My friend "Maraj" on GTHD loves the ferrari and the lotus and always puts up really sick times. Usually top 2.

The track doesn't allow much beneficial offroading, but I've seen some replays from Japan where guys bounce off the walls in a couple of the hard 180s to get through the turn quicker without having to even use the brakes. Another reason why damage is necessary for it to be a true simulator. At least have the car handling adversly affected if you run into a wall hard. TOCA does a pretty good job on the damage, but the physics are pretty bad.

Suede53 well about ur times 👍 those are hard to beat, but i can't see the diffrens between ur driving and mine, every corner u come in do u use both acc and brake or just brake and put down the speed pedal ??

but damn alot of ppl do drive off road to get good times + its like hell i'm first place :ouch:

the drift part on my hand :scared: i suck there, but i'm gonna give a try in about 20min from now on :dopey:

lets hope the real gt5 comes online to cause i have fun trying to beat ppl times record i concentrate more when i'm driving :)

Thanks Gt5dk, but there are a LOT of people that are way faster than me!

...every corner u come in do u use both acc and brake or just brake and put down the speed pedal ??
I actually use the sixaxis and not a wheel, but I guess I kinda "roll" my thumb between the X and [ ], that way I can feather the gas coming out of the corner and not just mash the throttle.

okay,,,

i'm using the wheel,, i'm still trying to push the first Evo every corner everytime and still i only get 1:15:449 or somthing like that:ouch:
,, so i'm going to try abit of both pushing myself more and more hehe

but i guess the first 5 corners is the hardest part for me, i get 0:16:976 and more, and next 0:36:756 just not me those corners :indiff:

but u really drive good as i could see on the replay one of days:tup:

good luck ingame to all

Here's what's bothering me though, I started watching the top 10 replays and everyone of them has a lot of off-road time, more than enough to be disqualified for any WRS race I've been in. I realize it would be next to impossible for Sony to police the leaderboards & it would be too much work for any of the other leaderboard sites to verify the replays, but it's still annoying to me that I can't see where a rank with other 'clean' times.
The solution is to keep pressuring Polyphony Digital to add damage and race penalties... just as they apply in real race situations.

Even if they were optional, they could still have leaderbaords showing if the lap/race times were with damage/penalties turned on or off - thus it would allow for accurate and fair leaderboards.

Personally, the lack of optional damage and race penalties are the biggest problem with GT4 and most so-called racing simulator games, and more than anything else, prevents these games from ever coming close to being realistic driving games.

Yea, especially with the celica car right before the right hander before the finish line the top 3 times have people who ram that wall dead on and have the car bounce off it perfectly inline with the finish line.

I'll be honest, the guy in 3rd place is me. I was nearly a half second behind my last lap time, 1'09.3, so I figured I'd try it anyway, and it worked out and gave me like a 1'08.3 or something.

But I agree, maybe they need to just add in a simple time punishment system. Where if you ram a wall you get like 5 seconds added to your time or something.

lol, im assuming your talking about the forward tuned section.

ya i was just looking at the fastest world times and notice the abundance of american times on the list for the celica on forward tuned.

its pretty funny, if you look at the other race times with the celica on normal or reverse... you can see very few american times but on forward tuned... its like whoa. where did all these americans come from..

Didn't GT4 have a penalty of some sort for running into another car or the wall? Why not do the same thing with GT5 that is coming out? If you don't know what I'm talking about. In certain races, if you run into the wall or someone else, the game holds you at 30-40mph or something like that for 5 seconds and will not let you accelerate until time is up. I think this is a good enough way to prevent people from riding the wall or other cars to achieve rediculously fast lap times.

Didn't GT4 have a penalty of some sort for running into another car or the wall? Why not do the same thing with GT5 that is coming out? If you don't know what I'm talking about. In certain races, if you run into the wall or someone else, the game holds you at 30-40mph or something like that for 5 seconds and will not let you accelerate until time is up. I think this is a good enough way to prevent people from riding the wall or other cars to achieve rediculously fast lap times.
Except the 5-sec slowdown penalty wasn't nearly severe enough, but I agree, if they can't do visual damage for production road cars, at least I hope they give us an option for performance damage/penalty that realistically reflects th severity of a crash/impact/driving off the track, etc.

The one problem though is for online races, because you could get "targeted by one player helping another win by crashing into you. Althouhg I have to say, F1:CE has both crash damage and mechanical damage as options in online races, and I have never been in a race where it was obvious someone took out another driver on purpose.

As long as it's optional everyone wins, as those that want realistic performance damage and race penalties would be able to participate in races with them on, while those that don't can participate in races with them off. Everyone wins. :cheers:

... well, except for all the drivers behind P1. ;)

In that case, they should increase the penalty time to 10 or more seconds. If not then add on times for collisions to the overall lap and race time. This should stop those wallriders from being able to achieve quicker lap times than those of us who likes to run clean laps. I also think going completely off the course for a short cut should be penalized also like they do in Forza. Dipping 2 wheels into the dirt is fine since a lot of the pros do it through chicanes in real life races but 4 wheels off the course should be penalized.

As for online races, they should give us an option to turn off collision for those who don't want to deal with immature racers crashing into them or going the wrong way and completely ruining a person's entire race. Either that or you can always race with people you know, problem solved. :lol:

As for online races, they should give us an option to turn off collision for those who don't want to deal with immature racers crashing into them or going the wrong way and completely ruining a person's entire race. Either that or you can always race with people you know, problem solved. :lol:

Therein lies the beauty of the Home interface, invite your friends to your apartment in Home & then you all go play GT5 online together!
That way only the people you know can race with your group.

I think, to stop this happening, they should put in a no shortcut detector, and doesn't record they're time if they do it.💡

What if you went way too hot into a corner and accidentally go into this "short-cut" zone? I still like my idea better because it's my idea. :D

theres one problem in f1 ce though. i've had at times the ai nudge me and i spin out. even though i've spun out and clearly am not taking advantage of the inside of a turn it penalises me. so you lose 2 odd seconds from the penalty plus another 6-7 from spinning. Those times it gets really frustrating. All they really need to do for online races is have the same kind of system as is in the licence tests. except for when you go off you dont fail you just get time added/penalty.

i had a shot with the tuned evo on gthd a few days ago and looking at the replays it is rediculous how dirty the top times are. after the tunnel they stick against the wall and run around the corner without slowing down and plow into the last corner. its a shame since the first half of their laps are usually brilliant.

its pretty funny, if you look at the other race times with the celica on normal or reverse... you can see very few american times but on forward tuned... its like whoa. where did all these americans come from..

Ironically, that imho is the best car for the track (lotus a close 2nd). I put up a 1:08.0x my first hour into the game. I can get a 1:07.8 or 9 but would have to NAIL it. My current lap is in 2nd place and I left .2 on the sweeping right before the covered part. The handling in the game is spot on 👍 Now I just need an HDTV :ouch: lol.

Jerome

Does anyone know if the rankings are updating or not? I suspect not which is a shame.

nige

I just got my PS3 and downloaded GTHD last night and overall I'm quite impressed with the potential this thing has.

Anyway, after blasting through the time trial mode to get everything unlocked, I went back and put some effort into turning some decent times. I'm not the fastest driver out there but I was getting top 100 rankings pretty easy and was happy about that. Here's what's bothering me though, I started watching the top 10 replays and everyone of them has a lot of off-road time, more than enough to be disqualified for any WRS race I've been in. I realize it would be next to impossible for Sony to police the leaderboards & it would be too much work for any of the other leaderboard sites to verify the replays, but it's still annoying to me that I can't see where a rank with other 'clean' times.

Oh, one more thing, I also noticed that there is a severe lack of NA drivers in the all-time lists? What's the deal with that?

lawl, its ok man we've all experienced this before. its ok, im here for you.

the best rank i've managed to get is 10th in a suzuki cappucino. i haven't seen anyone who cheats under replays yet myself, but drifts that look like AR was involved though...

Hi New here.. ;)
But it's good to see that people are responding to the cheaters on the ranking, The Forward Tuned Celica time is 1.06.5xx Done By Xx_Poldi_xX and it's clean and beatiful driving.. But i do think that the menu should show what kind of controller that has been used.. there is nothing wrong driving with saxis CTr But it's i my opinion a different thing driving with Wheels and pedals, compare to saxis, so just a little icon would be fair..

I've also got the GT5-prologue Chineese version, It's totally great, more things has been added, Edgar Nordwand has been change a little, Surface ( balanced graphics, so No shadows from the spectators, which is a eye killer.. damn it sure sticks right in yours eyes.. But hey the news on the US release is awesome ( www.maxconsole.com )

But hey great to be here, hope to see this forum as being a little mature, so we can have some good discussions, were each others opinion is respected, and help in right in front of you.. Charming isn't it he he, but I'm A Richard burns rally fan and Modder, so with that said, it's why i'm hoping for this, more because i'm New here he he..

But about Gt5P i can tell you, that the penalties are there, and they are hurting your time if you do like in the section we talk about ....

Dream Extreme
Flagmo-T.
www.flagmo-t.com.

I always found that going off the track slows you down. The only place I go off is coming off the 'S' turn and coming off the final turn just before the finish line. If I didn't do that my lap times about be 3 seconds slower. I think I have reached the limit with my lap times on the PS3 controller. Its time to buy a racing wheel. My best time is a 1,10.3 with the skyline..thats 14th in the world!

I think of it like Nascar..you can race below the white line , but do it at your own risk

Latest Posts

Back