Disable Voice Chat Option Missing in GT Sport Online Lobbies?

• Thread starter VBR
  • 12 comments

VBR

Meme Dissident in Exile...
Premium
England
Yorkshire
ScapeGoat4U
WhippingBoy
In GT6, the host of an online lobby could disable voice chat for the whole room, & it was a great option to have (which I used all the time). However, I noticed that this option is missing from the GT Sport demo. I've not hosted any rooms myself, & haven't ventured into any as of yet; so could someone tell me if voice chat is permanently on or off?

:confused:

EDIT: It seems that the option is missing because there is no voice chat in the first place.

Last edited:
VBR
In GT6, the host of an online lobby could disable voice chat for the whole room, & it was a great option to have (which I used all the time). However, I noticed that this option is missing from the GT Sport demo. I've not hosted any rooms myself, & haven't ventured into any as of yet; so could someone tell me if voice chat is permanently on or off?

:confused:

I tried to find the exact article, but I do remember Polyphony stating somewhere that there won't be voice chat in GT Sport, I could be wrong though.

I tried to find the exact article, but I do remember Polyphony stating somewhere that there won't be voice chat in GT Sport, I could be wrong though.
I didn't hear any voice chat in the demo. So glad that there isn't any, because that's SO ANNOYING.

I'm glad there's no voice chat, it caused bugs in GT5 & GT6, & I always had it off anyway as real racing drivers don't chat when they race, ruins the racing dynamics imho.

In PCars2, there's always some mouth-breathing idiot who relays his TV's sound to everyone else in the game. And no, SMS doesn't have an option to mute everyone by default. :banghead:

This is a gamebreaker for me, & I really don't understand game devs who don't get this. @IanBell

Not featuring voice-chat or an option to turn it off altogether is greatly appreciated, oh the memories of the voice chat in GTA5 online keep haunting me when I think of voice chat... PLEASE NEVER AGAIN. Voice chat only works when you're with friends and for that you can make a Party Chat from the PlayStation menu. The last time I had a good conversation with voice chat was.... damn I can't remember. Stupid kids keep scolding everyone who denies their "privilege" to win in whatever way possible. Man I'm starting to remember why I quit playing GTA5 online, some of those kids are real psychos...

No voice chat on open lobbies going to make league championships a pain in the ass for communication. Remember, party chat is only open for 8 people and open lobbies, 16.

Imo voice chat is crucial. If you don't like, turn it off. Having an option to choose is always better than having nothing at all.

If you don't like, turn it off. Having an option to choose is always better than having nothing at all.

Can't do that in Project CARS, can do it in GT6. The problem with game devs is them not thinking to give people the option in the first place, or just removing it all together. Turning voice chat off for the whole lobby & having text chat instead was crucial to me hosting clean public lobbies in GT6. Can't do that in most games nowadays.

Last edited:
LOL, yeah, any game with voice chat needs to be instantly rated 18/R++ :lol:

It gives people the ability to swear and turn fairly innocent games instantly 18+, you might laugh, but put yourself in the position of a parent:

You buy your kid who's 7-10 a game they absolutely love, they go online, suddenly you overhear other people on voice chat using words like *****t, ****, b***h, n****r, c**t, w****r, etc., what are you going to think if you're that parent? You're not going to sit there and think "oh wow, this an amazing learning experience for my child who I've spent years teaching to be nice to others" are you?

This will probably fly over your head if you've not been a parent/uncle/aunt/god-parent.

Voice chat gives people the facility to turn games 18+ via their use of language.

It gives people the ability to swear and turn fairly innocent games instantly 18+, you might laugh, but put yourself in the position of a parent:

You buy your kid who's 7-10 a game they absolutely love, they go online, suddenly you overhear other people on voice chat using words like *****t, ****, b***h, n****r, c**t, w****r, etc., what are you going to think if you're that parent? You're not going to sit there and think "oh wow, this an amazing learning experience for my child who I've spent years teaching to be nice to others" are you?

This will probably fly over your head if you've not been a parent/uncle/aunt/god-parent.

Voice chat gives people the facility to turn games 18+ via their use of language.

If I had a child, I could give them the game without PS+. they could enjoy it and not go online. What would a 7yo do online even? Offline would be the way to go and he/she would get a lot of fun with it I guess. If not, as a parent you could be with him/her when going online and block/mute all the conversations.

Having said that, I've been in hundreds of public lobbies since GT5 and I can't remember listening to any of those words. Maybe slang and a few "f" words but nothing more than that. Maybe I was lucky.

__

I think it's weird for PD not to include the option in GTS (if confirmed). For sure it was useful when talking with your mates about setups or just randomly chatting about life while cruising.

I kind of wish that they did have voice chat in GT Sport. Usually seems like not to many people have mics on Playstation anyways and you can always easily mute people. I just want be able to cuss out whoever the hell runs in the back of me in a corner :-)

Another reason why game devs should always include the option for hosts to disable voice chat for the entire lobby. 👍

Having said that, I've been in hundreds of public lobbies since GT5 and I can't remember listening to any of those words. Maybe slang and a few "f" words but nothing more than that. Maybe I was lucky.

When I hosted races in GT5 & GT6 I would text everyone who entered the rules, which included keeping the language as clean as the racing. With voice chat off & text chat only, people tend to think before they type, & as a result I never had any problems with profanity.

Back