Disabled driver.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gowron
  • 21 comments
  • 3,302 views
Messages
5
England
England
Can any one tell me why in the new GT Sport you are unable to change the configuration of the paddles on any of the branded steering wheels. Only I can not use the peddles and had the paddles as Accelerate and for break but for some reason this has been left off. I am sure that I am not the only disabled player who has enjoyed all of the versions of GT over the years but as it stands now I have a brand new Logitech G29 that I can not use.

Gome on get a patch sent out to get this changed Please.
 
Can any one tell me why in the new GT Sport you are unable to change the configuration of the paddles on any of the branded steering wheels. Only I can not use the peddles and had the paddles as Accelerate and for break but for some reason this has been left off. I am sure that I am not the only disabled player who has enjoyed all of the versions of GT over the years but as it stands now I have a brand new Logitech G29 that I can not use.

Gome on get a patch sent out to get this changed Please.
I looked at it too. Could not find a way to change it. I looked at my T300 as well. Can't change it. I would reach out to SONY on the Playstation website via live chat and make the recommendation. Seems logical to be able to change them however you want. Might have to use a controller for now.
 
I looked at it too. Could not find a way to change it. I looked at my T300 as well. Can't change it. I would reach out to SONY on the Playstation website via live chat and make the recommendation. Seems logical to be able to change them however you want. Might have to use a controller for now.
Thanks for looking, I have at the moment done a mishmash but cable tying my controller to the top of the wheel so that I can use the R2 and L2 and steer with the wheel. At least I can take corners without loosing speed by scrubbing the tyres.
 
Thanks for looking, I have at the moment done a mishmash but cable tying my controller to the top of the wheel so that I can use the R2 and L2 and steer with the wheel. At least I can take corners without loosing speed by scrubbing the tyres.
You might reach out to these folks. They may be able to help.

https://twitter.com/SpecialEffect
 
Can any one tell me why in the new GT Sport you are unable to change the configuration of the paddles on any of the branded steering wheels. Only I can not use the peddles and had the paddles as Accelerate and for break but for some reason this has been left off. I am sure that I am not the only disabled player who has enjoyed all of the versions of GT over the years but as it stands now I have a brand new Logitech G29 that I can not use.

Gome on get a patch sent out to get this changed Please.
you are NOT the only one. I am gradually losing feeling in both feet and the day will come when I need to do what you are trying to do. Can someone out there get with PD and get this fixed (perhaps an update specifically for those of us in that age group that PD is so fond of pointing to) so we all can use our existing wheels with more precision than the pedal less rigs you could get for GT6.
 
you are NOT the only one. I am gradually losing feeling in both feet and the day will come when I need to do what you are trying to do. Can someone out there get with PD and get this fixed (perhaps an update specifically for those of us in that age group that PD is so fond of pointing to) so we all can use our existing wheels with more precision than the pedal less rigs you could get for GT6.
Sorry to hear that fella, we need more to step forward (Pore sense of words) so that someone takes notice.
 
I’ve got the same problem all other racing games are fully customisable when reallocating controls as i play dirt f1 p cars etc etc, I really want to get the game but as i can’t reallocate my pedals to the flippers or any other button on my wheel I’m going to have to hold off and keep an eye out for any patches that might change this
 
I’ve got the same problem all other racing games are fully customisable when reallocating controls as i play dirt f1 p cars etc etc, I really want to get the game but as i can’t reallocate my pedals to the flippers or any other button on my wheel I’m going to have to hold off and keep an eye out for any patches that might change this
Hopefully they will get this sorted ASP as I have tried to get the message to them on several media versions from in game to twitter.
 
Same here I’ve messaged them on several platforms no reply as yet not that i ever expect one tbh, I’m considering getting p cars 2 as i know that the wheel controls are fully customisable from the get go on that at least
 
Is it not possible to reallocate the controls in the accessibility menu on the PS4 itself?
 
Yeah there is an "Accesability" menu in the PS4's settings where you can custom assign buttons.
 
Can any one tell me why in the new GT Sport you are unable to change the configuration of the paddles on any of the branded steering wheels. Only I can not use the peddles and had the paddles as Accelerate and for break but for some reason this has been left off. I am sure that I am not the only disabled player who has enjoyed all of the versions of GT over the years but as it stands now I have a brand new Logitech G29 that I can not use.

Gome on get a patch sent out to get this changed Please.

i dont know if it will work or not as im saving up for my steering wheel right now, but check to see what buttons are mapped to the paddles, (eg. R3/L3) and if it is the case where they are mapped to an existing PS4 button, you can make a custom button mapping in the PS4 settings, you would be switchign what ever the paddles are to R2 and L2 respectively. you would ahve to be switching to this set up through the ps4 setting when you want to play.

Im nopt exactly sure if the PC program for the G29 carries over to the PS4 (also make sure you have it selected PS4 on the steering wheel itself, but if it does, head to your pc, connect the steering wheel to it and you can manually assign every button on the steering wheel to your own preference.

I hope this helps and let me know how it turns out
 
Is there any update regarding this matter with the wheel reassignment controls, i doubt they have changed the menus etc but you can always hope
 
Is there any update regarding this matter with the wheel reassignment controls, i doubt they have changed the menus etc but you can always hope
Not as yet mate, although there is supposed to be a big download with other tracks and cars this coming Monday 27/11/17 but don't hold your breath.
 
Can any one tell me why in the new GT Sport you are unable to change the configuration of the paddles on any of the branded steering wheels. Only I can not use the peddles and had the paddles as Accelerate and for break but for some reason this has been left off. I am sure that I am not the only disabled player who has enjoyed all of the versions of GT over the years but as it stands now I have a brand new Logitech G29 that I can not use.

Gome on get a patch sent out to get this changed Please.
The last update included the option to assign buttons on the wheel to gas and brake. Did you try that yet? I have not looked at it to see if it works.
 
I’ll give it a try... thanks
 
Can any one tell me why in the new GT Sport you are unable to change the configuration of the paddles on any of the branded steering wheels. Only I can not use the peddles and had the paddles as Accelerate and for break but for some reason this has been left off. I am sure that I am not the only disabled player who has enjoyed all of the versions of GT over the years but as it stands now I have a brand new Logitech G29 that I can not use.

Gome on get a patch sent out to get this changed Please.

I hear you being disabled myself too
 
Can any one tell me why in the new GT Sport you are unable to change the configuration of the paddles on any of the branded steering wheels. Only I can not use the peddles and had the paddles as Accelerate and for break but for some reason this has been left off. I am sure that I am not the only disabled player who has enjoyed all of the versions of GT over the years but as it stands now I have a brand new Logitech G29 that I can not use.

Gome on get a patch sent out to get this changed Please.

I read that the new McLaren wheel by Fanatec has a double clutch system behind the wheel that could be changed, so it behaves live gas and brake. Maybe you should take a look.
 
Back