Disabled Driver

• Thread starter Andy Vine
  • 16 comments

Andy Vine

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi all, I'am a disabled G.T. player, [ I have Parkinson's disease ] so my feet slip off the pedals. Does anyone know how to program a steering wheel, so as to use the right paddle to accelerate and the left to brake. I managed to hot wire my logitech wheel to work with G.T.6 / ps3 without the pedals but could not get it to work with G.T.sport /ps4. Can anybody help please?....Thanks.

Heya, you could try to fix your feets with some velcro tape. One side on the shoes, one side on the pedals. It maybe works and would prevent your feets from slip off. Just an idea.

419DPQB7VLL._SX425_.jpg

thanks for the replys guys,
The velcro idea might work ok. I'll give it a try . good idea.
My wheel is a logitech gt diving force pro.

My wheel is a logitech gt diving force pro.
I'm a little confused by that name because there is:
Logitech Driving Force Pro

upload_2018-9-5_18-39-35.jpeg

and Logitech Driving Force GT

upload_2018-9-5_18-41-4.jpeg

These two wheels are not compatible with PS4,but you can play with them on PS4 via DriveHub(you can read more about DriveHub here and here).
Your other choice is to buy new racing wheel which has native compatibility with PS4.

Last edited:
Hi all, I'am a disabled G.T. player, [ I have Parkinson's disease ] so my feet slip off the pedals. Does anyone know how to program a steering wheel, so as to use the right paddle to accelerate and the left to brake. I managed to hot wire my logitech wheel to work with G.T.6 / ps3 without the pedals but could not get it to work with G.T.sport /ps4. Can anybody help please?....Thanks.
I posted this in another thread a while ago:

https://www.3drap.it/product/hand-controller-throttle-and-brake-gaming-is-possible/

It is a USB device (PC) however. Perhaps you can make it work with a drivehub? I recommend contacting the excellent guys at 3drap.

I posted this in another thread a while ago:

https://www.3drap.it/product/hand-controller-throttle-and-brake-gaming-is-possible/

It is a USB device (PC) however. Perhaps you can make it work with a drivehub? I recommend contacting the excellent guys at 3drap.
Thanks for that PocketZ, that looks interesting, I will certainly have a chat with 3drap
Sorry for the confusion Super GT. it's the driving force GT wheel. I shall take a closer look at the drive hub,looks promising....might be just what I need......Regards.

Thanks for that PocketZ, that looks interesting, I will certainly have a chat with 3drap
Sorry for the confusion Super GT. it's the driving force GT wheel. I shall take a closer look at the drive hub,looks promising....might be just what I need......Regards.
If you ever have a chance to switch to fanatec - mclaren rim is awesome.

I have cerebral palsy - tried the paddle mode and it is awesome.
Still trying to use only pedals since my feet became strong enough. With age it is becoming more difficult so I know there is a solution (but that is another discusion)

If you ever have a chance to switch to fanatec - mclaren rim is awesome.

I have cerebral palsy - tried the paddle mode and it is awesome.
Still trying to use only pedals since my feet became strong enough. With age it is becoming more difficult so I know there is a solution (but that is another discusion)
Hi Shinu, thanks for your input. I've been using the paddles for brake and throttle for some time now and I think I've got some good times.I tend to get good and bad days, when bad I'm useless, but on a good day ....I'm fast.. Do you get good and bad days?

I atend daily phisical theraphy otherwise muscle atrophy would be even faster. I feel that with age spasticity rapidly increases there are days when muscles flex by themself so hard they tear.
Sometimes my foot gets "stuck" in position mid braking etc but I push trough. When not driving on the limit is not an issue (that is why sometimes I do relaxed laps if I'm in the lead enough)

I started racing with a keyboard then switched to paddles but when I got g25 I noticed that I can use them partly (but with time strength and range of motion improved). Now my main issue is my left wrist.

I'm not too quick (I don't know if it is my technique or my condition) but simracing is one of a few fun pass times I have left so I don't look at the lap times that much.

Well actually @Andy Vine GTS allows you to map the throttle and brake to the paddle shifters on a wheel. I just tried it on my Logitech G29 and it works. So maybe you just need a new PS4 compatible wheel and nothing else. Although the velcro straps, or similar, do seem like a good idea.

A big thank you to all who came up with ideas, I'm sorted now. I bought a thrustmaster t 8, then simply programmed the paddles to do what needed them to do.
I love drivIng fast-ish, but I wont have a licence for ever, so G.T. is a good second best , not the real thing, but great fun and fairly realisic.....Regards.

Back