Disappointed..

  • Thread starter Thread starter iScoRcHv
  • 27 comments
  • 2,544 views
Messages
57
Messages
iScoRcHv
This afternoon I decided to do the a-spec race of the Grand Valley 300km. After completing the race in little over 2 hours, I was a little disheartened with the car given as a reward.

The car in question was a Honda HSC '03 and quite frankly I just thought it wasnt worth my time and effort to do such a race and get a car which in my opinion doesn't seem worthy to be a prize for this race.

Although it wasn't the hardest of races in terms of opponents, it was just hard to race the same circuit 60 times. Especially since this was the first ever time I'd attempted an a-spec endurance race (Gran Turismo 4 included).

The only good I could take from this race was the experience and a decent amount of xp which took me up to level 26.

Are there any other events which I should perhaps avoid or that you were disappointed with ?
 
The rewards in A-spec are pretty disappointing in general, especially when compared to recent Seasonal events, which reward half a million credits per race, race driver gear, and the expert events reward lvl 24 car tickets!

A-spec needs an upgrade.
 
Something that GT5 has taught me: Don't get your hopes up on the prize car.
 
Are there any other events which I should perhaps avoid or that you were disappointed with ?

Yes, all the other endurances, reading your post you are not the one that could enjoy these races. Aspec's AI doesn't help either. AI cars will slow down at 40 km/h in the middle of the road as soon as you aproach them and you have good chances to crash into. Some people even park the car somewhere with ebrake when they have a big lead to let the AI catch up a little. That's why I call Aspec a Car Parking Simulator.
 
A Spec or even B Spec for that matter does not give you good rewards for completing almost any race, except for a certain few. The only reason i'm about to try and attempt them is so I can say I've actually done at least one endurance race and i'm going to improve with my new wheel hopefully along the way.
 
ISR said that you get zilch for reaching level 40. Not even an acknowledgement.

Not sure if that's true. Just Kaz having a giggle I suppose.
 
ISR said that you get zilch for reaching level 40. Not even an acknowledgement.

Not sure if that's true. Just Kaz having a giggle I suppose.

Do people really need a gift for reaching Level 40? Just play.
 
Wait if you get to B-spec 24h of Nurburgring - you'll rage.
 
I race to race. Prize cars are worthless later in the game.
No prize for lvl 40.... oh well. Wait. Isnt the prize getting your lifeback? ;)
 
I just don't see what's the big deal with prize cars who cares about them. Just my opinion. I get a good feeling just Golding everything. If you want nice cars just do the Seasonals, they give you good money so you can buy those nice cars.
 
I Make sure I check the Prize Car forum thread before I start any of the A-Spec or B-Spec races, because most of them are not worth it at all. Nowadays I just spend a few hours grinding seasonals to get the same XP, plus millions more credits. The credit rewards from endurance races are honestly insulting.
 
another_jakhole
Do people really need a gift for reaching Level 40? Just play.

No just a Valium.
 
OP, I wouldnt bother with the FGT championship either if you don't want to be disappointed with prize cars.:yuck:
 
Shame the HSC program was cancelled.
 
I said this a little while ago:
the endurances should have been spread throughout the other tiers of competition. Rather than unlocking the first one at level 25, it would be much more logical (looking at the difficulty and rewards for winning) to have the first ones at level 4/5, then next couple at level 9/10, the ones after that at 14/15 etc.
By the time you reach level 25, you will walk the first endurance and the reward for completing it doesn't make it worth doing. There's basically a bit of a valley in the difficulty curve.
 
The prize cars aren't as enjoyable as GT4 or any of the previous GTs for the matter.


I mean, c'mon! The Roadster Endurance for A and B specs give away the same car! (1 year difference).
 
OP, I wouldnt bother with the FGT championship either if you don't want to be disappointed with prize cars.:yuck:

While the Caterham 7 doesn't look much cop, it's amazing fun to drive.
 
I said this a little while ago:
the endurances should have been spread throughout the other tiers of competition. Rather than unlocking the first one at level 25, it would be much more logical (looking at the difficulty and rewards for winning) to have the first ones at level 4/5, then next couple at level 9/10, the ones after that at 14/15 etc.
By the time you reach level 25, you will walk the first endurance and the reward for completing it doesn't make it worth doing. There's basically a bit of a valley in the difficulty curve.

Umm, when I did the first "enduro"(if you can really call 2 hours an enduro) I had a very challenging race and it actually took 2 or 3 tries to win it, one of the most fun times I've had in all of offline GT-5. Of course, I spent a while figuring exactly how fast my car needed to be to not be able to gain more than a couple of tenths on the AI in the first stint of the race.

Your point is very valid though. Just saying it CAN be done.
 
This afternoon I decided to do the a-spec race of the Grand Valley 300km. After completing the race in little over 2 hours, I was a little disheartened with the car given as a reward.

The car in question was a Honda HSC '03 and quite frankly I just thought it wasnt worth my time and effort to do such a race and get a car which in my opinion doesn't seem worthy to be a prize for this race.

Although it wasn't the hardest of races in terms of opponents, it was just hard to race the same circuit 60 times. Especially since this was the first ever time I'd attempted an a-spec endurance race (Gran Turismo 4 included).

The only good I could take from this race was the experience and a decent amount of xp which took me up to level 26.

Are there any other events which I should perhaps avoid or that you were disappointed with ?

I suggest you go into the endurance races as one more step to completing the game. If it's credits and xp you are after, go to the seasonal races!!
 
The rewards in A-spec are pretty disappointing in general, especially when compared to recent Seasonal events, which reward half a million credits per race, race driver gear, and the expert events reward lvl 24 car tickets!

A-spec needs an upgrade.

Very true. In fact, once you've completed all the series you care to in the first 5 tiers of A-spec your better off just going to do the season events which are currently more entertaining and offer big prizes and XP. I don't care to drive any Standard cars so I don't plan on wasting my time driving around a track for 2+ hours just to win one. I can win all the money I need to buy a nice Premiumm car using the Seasonal Events.
 
I just spent the night with me girlfriend, she was disappointed.
 
sporkafife
I just spent the night with me girlfriend, she was disappointed.

Talk about geting a dissapointing reward, seemed like a chore to her.
 
Still can't qualify for races. That's disappointing for given that the previous GT had it.
 
spunwicked
While the Caterham 7 doesn't look much cop, it's amazing fun to drive.

I'd murder for a caterham with a proper engine :/
 
I don't see the big deal. If you play long enough, you'll have all the cars in the game anyway. I suppose they could have given the $20 mil Ferrari, Lambo, and Ford as prizes like they do the Jag, but with the seasonal payouts prize cars are somewhat pointless. I own every car in the new car dealer and buy every car that comes up in the UCD. Money is easy right now.

ISR said that you get zilch for reaching level 40. Not even an acknowledgement.

That's true, nothing for Level 40 A or B Spec.
 
While the Caterham 7 doesn't look much cop, it's amazing fun to drive.

I was underwhelmed by the Fireblade, but still had some fun in it. What I meant though is that the FGT championship is in it's entirety like a medium length enduro, but harder. I was expecting a more prestige prize, at least something that would save me a few million. What I got was something I had bought early on from the UCD.
And +1 to what Bob said, Caterhams have a great range of engines, why do we only get one from a bike?
 
all the prize cars are dire half of them ain't premium too :( and the cherry on the cake is you can't even sell them so you can buy a decent car :(
 
Back