Disappointing races

Canada
Vancouver
Sultan_S13
So far the races in this game have been pretty terrible. The first couple of series' were okay, but now that I'm doing the National A races I'm getting very annoyed. The Laps are extremely low (2-3 laps) and you start at the very back of the pack with a rolling start. This means I have two options: Enter with a completely over powered car or smash my way to first. If I don't do this (i.e use an equally matched car and race clean) then I don't have enough laps to pass the leader (which has been a ringer car I've found many times.)

I use a G27 and I really appreciate using a performance-matched car and having nice clean races. The way the races are set up now is more akin to Mission mode where you have to pass as many cars as you can in 1 lap.

I hope things change when I hit International B or higher. Do we get increased laps or standing starts later on?

PS

Where are all the prize cars? So far I've only received one prize car from a race series.

The pack gets spread thin when there's only 5 opponents, B and A are still very low mileage and 5 to 7 opponents, once in International you start getting 11 opponents and rolling starts are realistic.

Oh those are RACES? Goodness me. :lol:

I thought PD was trying to prepare me for some illegal movie-scene-style highway passing! You know, where you just blow by every car like they're standing still? This is the end goal, correct?

Gran Turismo: The Real Start In Last And Get To First In Two Laps simulator!

I've not gotten too far into the offline mode, but the races aren't really much better in I-B. There are a few more opponents and the laps are three laps instead of two and you still start in last.. :guilty:

Unless I'm wrong, the only prize cars I have gotten have come from the racing series and from getting gold in the license tests.

Unless I'm wrong, the only prize cars I have gotten have come from the racing series and from getting gold in the license tests.

You can get prize cars by completing special events. I believe you have to get all Gold - I wouldn't leave those events without ensuring that I got all Golds but I remember the message congratulated me for getting all Golds.

I have completed only the Novice class so far but I got a car from that as well, so I guess you get a car for clearing each class.

Prize cars don't appear in the same frequency it did for GT5 (complete a series of 2-3 races for each prize car).

Sultan I'm also from B.C. And a G27 user. Do you belong to any racing teams?

DBFROMBC

I guess this just means I'll be moving on to Online racing much sooner than I thought. Anyone know if qualifying has returned in the later championship races?

EDIT: DB, I don't belong to any teams. Add me on PSN

Online was great in GT5, but it was really hard to find rooms that weren't just about drag racing or running Veyrons and X2010s

Things will never change untill kaz grows a backbone and tells his "family" to get a grip and step into this century, His family is why we havent seen proper sounds because he wont replace the guys who do voice overs for car sounds

Where are all the prize cars? So far I've only received one prize car from a race series.
You get 1 car for getting all stars in Novice.
You get a car for getting your each license and a second car on each license if you golded all in that set.

In Nat B you get one car for 1/2 the stars and 1 for all the stars. Same for Nat A and maybe S

You can also get prize cars for golding other events like the goodwood 3 races each series gold all 3 and win a car. I have won several cars so far.

I found the B races to be easy to win racing clean and with an underpowered car, A also was not hard, once I got to IA and S then I found myself a bit more challenged 16 cars on track and faster AI

Back