Disc Problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kaiser1
  • 6 comments
  • 699 views
Messages
15
Scotland
Edinburgh
Messages
Kaiser-1
Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong thread but my GT5 disc won't be read by my ps3. It loads to a point but the screen remains blank. There isn't any scratches on it or markings.

It's frustrating as every other game I own loads no problem. I'm also now struggling to install the new update.

I'm becoming a frustrated GT5 driver(or lack of)

Please help
 
Don't know what to say. You could try reinstalling all of your updates...it will take a long time but it is worth a shot.
 
Did you play any of those games that were able to load? Not just for a couple minutes.

Either way, to empathize, my PS3 stopped playing discs yesterday :(.
 
Replace your blu ray lens. I promise you it will fix ALL of your problems relating to loading (not network issues though)!

The stock lens in the slims are crap and don't last that long, especially with high capacity games like Gran Turismo. Trust me, you won't regret it, it's pretty cheap, $60-80 (Canadian).

Edit, even though some other games might work, try a movie! Some games are pretty small and don't require much data to be read, high capacity games/movies is where the issues are.
 
I regularly have to go into the disc tray and clean my laser lens with a bit of alcohol. Maybe once every 3 months it'll stop reading discs. It's in a dusty spot but it works every time.
 
I regularly have to go into the disc tray and clean my laser lens with a bit of alcohol. Maybe once every 3 months it'll stop reading discs. It's in a dusty spot but it works every time.

This, or you could use a lens-cleaning disc.
 
This, or you could use a lens-cleaning disc.

This, but don't use one that has brushes on it as it may damage your lens over time. There is one made by Memorex that I use. It has two holes in the disc and cleans your lens with a vaccuum type effect. Works pretty good. Beings I smoke, I take mine apart every two months and clean the lens with alcohol. (rubbing alcohol)
 
Back