Disconnected form server

  • Thread starter Thread starter phil bell
  • 9 comments
  • 1,334 views
Messages
3,928
Messages
PepsiMaxCrew
Im sick and tired of this crap happening.Any ideas on how to prevent it?
Im not proficient in this kind of thing.
 
Is your ps3 connecting to the net by wireless?
 
Have you checked your persnal firewall logs to see if they show when and possibly why this might be happening?

These problems are not always caused by the remote server.
 
Im sick and tired of this crap happening.Any ideas on how to prevent it?
Im not proficient in this kind of thing.

Go to online Racing subsection of this forum, there's at least 2 threads there that talk about this and there's some idea's, comments, suggestions and things you can do to help with your connection.

I had the same problem, a friend had to change my PS3 network connection settings and my router's settings, since then it's been so much better, but not perfect, the difference is noticable though.

It's crazy though, as mentioned before, other games don't have this connectivity issue, I can always play with my friends in the same squad / team on Battlefield, why can't my friends and I all race together in GT5??
 
I find that when my wife uses her iPhone's wifi at home I get disconnected. When it happens i just stopped playing:dopey:
 
Enter good connection servers. Reduces this problem.

You have no choice to 'enter good connection servers'. Your PS3 connects to whatever server it finds.
 
Gran turismo will tell you your NAT type. if it is Type 3 then you have problems.

When joining a server go to options then Network Settings. Clear Netwrok Cache and if you know how turn ON UPNP on your Modem/Router :)
 
Hate to bring up a two month old thread but this has been happening to me on every single online race over the past week. Most of the time I get disconnected right when the leader crosses the finish line. How frustrating to wait ten minutes for the host to start a race only to get disconnected. :banghead: I seriously hope they patch this soon because online is almost useless to me at the moment...
 
Hate to bring up a two month old thread but this has been happening to me on every single online race over the past week. Most of the time I get disconnected right when the leader crosses the finish line. How frustrating to wait ten minutes for the host to start a race only to get disconnected. :banghead: I seriously hope they patch this soon because online is almost useless to me at the moment...

They can't patch a problem that doesn't exist. We are running 3 online series each week and have had no problems with disconnects. You need to fix your connection.
 
Back