Disconnected in FIA race lobby - lost 2000DR

Australia
Australia
wtf!

Qualified first tonight in FIA, got to the grid showing all the entry's and boom. Got disconnected (internet was fine - still had green logo up top right) AND LOST 2000DR for it!! How is this a thing? How CAN it be a thing!?

I get why a disconnect gets penalised to stop you from doing it if you spin or something, but the race hadn't even started yet!!

This game continues to ruin my experience..

FIX THE SYSTEM PD!!!!!

wtf!

Qualified first tonight in FIA, got to the grid showing all the entry's and boom. Got disconnected (internet was fine - still had green logo up top right) AND LOST 2000DR for it!! How is this a thing? How CAN it be a thing!?

I get why a disconnect gets penalised to stop you from doing it if you spin or something, but the race hadn't even started yet!!

This game continues to ruin my experience..

FIX THE SYSTEM PD!!!!!

What error code did you get?

What error code did you get?

All I remember is a grey square coming up that said disconnected. I don't remember seeing a code.. I was annoyed. But then I checked my DR and then I was more worked up. I didn't pay any attention to error codes. I should have

All I remember is a grey square coming up that said disconnected. I don't remember seeing a code.. I was annoyed. But then I checked my DR and then I was more worked up. I didn't pay any attention to error codes. I should have

In my experience, apart from doing your usual checks (using ethernet, setting DNS address, etc) there's not much you can do if your internet connection is otherwise good. For the most part, the game isn't smart enough to void your DR loss when you get disconnected, unfortunately.

I take screenshots when I get errors so I can search online for the error code to try and make sure they don't happen. You won't find anything on the GTS or Sony website, but you might find someone else who had the same issue, and what they did to fix it.

Back