Disconnected

  • Thread starter Thread starter Neocodex
  • 1 comments
  • 474 views
Messages
446
Messages
neocodex
Im sure there are many threads on this, but Im looking for current info.

These past 2 days, I am unable to play GT5 online. Within 60 seconds of joining a game, I disconnect.
Its been fine in the past and now drops connection 100% of the time.
 
I had this problem, too, and fixed it:

I was using a D-link DI-524 wireless router (wired connection to PS3) and a Motorola Surfboard modem. I had tweaked everything possible on the router in favor of PSN and GT5 in terms of ports, DMZ, everything, and nothing seemed to work.

So I strolled on over to Fry's and bought a new router and a new modem. The router I chose fixed the problem (I took the modem back) - it's a DIR-655. It has QOS and many features that the DI-524 did not, but awesomely enough GT5 works perfectly just plugging the router in and going with it. I have since QOS'd the PS3's IP and forwarded the ports needed by PSN and GT5 just in case, but I never had one disconnect even while the router sat in its default configuration.

Hope this helps!
 
Back