Disconnection to offline

• Thread starter Don3hide
  • 14 comments
United Kingdom
London
JJ_EAST_10
I want to know if this is a common problem for everyone because despite all the updates and patches I still keep getting disconnected from online at several times throughout lets say a 2 hour session.

Usually occurs when I retry license and missions the game will freeze and make me go offline and also at the end of a manufacturers event, before i even collect my money it will send me to the main menu in offline mode.

Very frustrating.

Are you using wi-fi or LAN? If the former I'd try LAN and see it that helps.

I've had many problems with GT7, but disconnection from the server is one of the few I've not experienced.

Last edited:
It's never happened to me. You've got an issue with your WiFi connection or your ISP I'd say. Depending on your router, you could check logs and see if you're totally losing your internet connection briefly.

That's strange. Are you using Wi-fi? If so, you should switch to a network cable if possible. See if that mitigates the issue somehow.

Couple of things you can do switch to ethernet, delete your wifi connection and add it back or reboot your router.

I want to know if this is a common problem for everyone because despite all the updates and patches I still keep getting disconnected from online at several times throughout lets say a 2 hour session.

Usually occurs when I retry license and missions the game will freeze and make me go offline and also at the end of a manufacturers event, before i even collect my money it will send me to the main menu in offline mode.

Very frustrating.
I am Wi-Fi and mine hasn’t ever disconnected ? Not sure if others have had problems.

Are you using wi-fi or LAN? If the former I'd try LAN and see it that helps.

I've had many problems with GT7, but disconnection from the server is one of the few I've not experienced.

I'm using LAN. Cable is plugged in. Doesn't happen on other games.

Thanks for the responses. I'll look into it.

Might try this and see if it helps.
Gonna look into this because I just completed an event and as soon as the countdown hit zero as the last runner hit the chequered flag, i got disconnected from online mode. Absolute joke this is. It never happens during a race but only at the end of a session. The connection trips between changing on screens/loading. Also I'm never disconnected from my WiFi on my phone or psn, it's it's this game.

I had the same issue from day 1. "Disconnection" randomly after finishing a race or upon restart of license/mission. It was frustrating not only due to reloading (PS4 Pro) but also because I could lose Gold in mission or licenses after I achieved them (example that comes to mind is the wet F1500 mission)!
I am over WiFi and tried to change NAT type by port forwarding but it continued to be Type 3 (I still cannot join online races even if I didn't have such issues on GT Sport). Unfortunately this didn't fix it.
However, on Saturday I made another change, again from the article about NAT. I hard-coded the IP settings in Playstation and used the Google DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). From that moment onwards I have not experienced any disconnection and i can finally have fun! I am not sure though if this is what fixed the issue or it is mere coincidence.

Edit: please note that I still have port the forwarding rules enabled in Router.

Last edited:
I have connection problem only once before today. But I have lost 4 time connection adter races and lost my wins! The internet is working fine on my notebook at the same time.

I had the same issue from day 1. "Disconnection" randomly after finishing a race or upon restart of license/mission. It was frustrating not only due to reloading (PS4 Pro) but also because I could lose Gold in mission or licenses after I achieved them (example that comes to mind is the wet F1500 mission)!
I am over WiFi and tried to change NAT type by port forwarding but it continued to be Type 3 (I still cannot join online races even if I didn't have such issues on GT Sport). Unfortunately this didn't fix it.
However, on Saturday I made another change, again from the article about NAT. I hard-coded the IP settings in Playstation and used the Google DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). From that moment onwards I have not experienced any disconnection and i can finally have fun! I am not sure though if this is what fixed the issue or it is mere coincidence.

Edit: please note that I still have port the forwarding rules enabled in Router.
Did you input the Google DNS in the Primary and Secondary DNS fields?

Did you input the Google DNS in the Primary and Secondary DNS fields?
Yes: 8.8.8.8 in primary, 8.8.4.4 in secondary:

Yes: 8.8.8.8 in primary, 8.8.4.4 in secondary:

Thanks. I’ll try this because I’m getting disconnected all the time. Even with Port Forwarding set up.

Back