Disconnections...

  • Thread starter Thread starter ASalberg
  • 12 comments
  • 1,426 views
Messages
189
Messages
Multiple
Messages
Won't change to Xbox :D
Hello! When I'm playing GT5 in online, everytime I create my own room, after playing a while there (or) someone else joins it - I get disconnected from the lobby.

The same thing is when I try to join someone else's lobby. I join it, even can't make to garage when I get disconnected..

What could be the possible fix for this?
 
Same thing happens to me all the time. I have a good connection and am curious what others think
 
Me too , I tried turning off any other wifi devices around my ps3 , ie: phone , laptop not sure if this may help but since doing this I haven't lost connection ???
 
Server issues it seems. It can be very annoying to say the least.
 
Happens to me too. However I think I have managed to fix it. GT5 is pretty greedy when it comes to bandwidth. Therefore, when I play online, I disconnect all my other wifi devices. Then I usually don't get disconnected. But still an annoying nuisance...
 
Well maybe it's true, but I still, today I was having no disconection with 2 computers and a phone working in Wi-Fi at the same time...
I think Polyphone Digital should improve Online Play in big and serious ways.
 
Maybe it does work then , this has only really been like this since 1.10 update for me , but with everything else off it's not half as bad :) ???
 
I would try turning off the PS3 and turning it back on if you haven't already done that or if you are running a wireless connection then I would suggest running a hard wire because you don't have to worry about how far you are from the router, interference, other people using your Wi-Fi, etc..

Sometimes it can just be the servers which in that case just give them a little while and they'll start working again, online can be a bit sketchy sometimes.
 
Hello! When I'm playing GT5 in online, everytime I create my own room, after playing a while there (or) someone else joins it - I get disconnected from the lobby.

The same thing is when I try to join someone else's lobby. I join it, even can't make to garage when I get disconnected..

What could be the possible fix for this?
Server issue, I always get that too!:mad::mad::mad:
 
I have noticed online races freezing more today than they usually do. 99? of the time it's during the menus at pre-race, followed by a few freezes when exiting.
 
Hey guys. The problem with disconnections IS other devices running on the same network. When I had just PS3 on Wi-Fi, my lobby 'was alive' all the time, no lag. When I turned on PC and started to download a big file on fast speed, my lobby immediately 'died'.
 
Also clear your cache.

If this still doesn't help search for gt5 port forwarding. You could set your router to always leave the gt5 ports open and since I've done this I've had no problems. Just search how to port forward.
 
Guys try some of theses :

http://www.racedepartment.com/gran-turismo-5/57661-gran-turismo-5-online-connection-issues.html

I've been getting disconnected 2-3 times a night and also friends from my lobby too.
If I host I see lots of people struggerling to enter. The whole night is spent with people entering and not loading up properly , black screens . But after doing the DNS option in the link above and turning off any other wifi devices close to my PS3 thing have improved massively , last night was the first time I didn't get disconnected and my lobby was full all night with no errors .
Hope this helps you guys as it has me ;)
 
Back