Discontinued food and drink you wish was still around?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sonygamer455
  • 58 comments
  • 10,570 views
Lamb and Mint Walkers Crisps.

The peak of crisp flavouring was released around the late 2000's for a limited run, and they have never released a flavour as good since. Id love them to return.
View attachment 1444843

I remember those! They were delicious.

That reminds me of the purple bag of Doritos I found some years back, they were sweet chilli flavour, not hot, but delightful and spicy. Haven’t seen them for a few years now. :(

Edit:
Seems they’re still available, just not in this region.
IMG_1041.png
 
@SPhilli911 talk about a blast from the past. I loved those back in the day. @W3H5 it's been roughly 3 years since I've eaten a bag of those. But my local Walmart sells them.

Here's my contribution to this thread. Man I miss these.

Home Run Apple Pie.png

Fruitopia.jpg
 
Pringles Stix.
1746721418996.png

So these were a great snack that came in small pouches which had right many of them in each and were quite flavorful. Pizza was my personal favorite with honey butter being not too far behind, but I did not like the cheese flavor much at all. Pretty sure they had other flavors too, but these are all I remember right now. I used to buy these often about 10 years ago because they so good and I ate them until I got tired of them and eventually quit buying them. Sometime last year, I started craving these again, but much to my dismay, I had learned they had been discontinued and it's a pity because these things were fantastic! In fact, I think I'll stop writing here because I am legit craving them right now. :P
 
Last edited:
It was...uh...it was not 89 cents when I would get it. Though it probably wasn't that much more. Maybe a buck and a quarter? It was high school so I wasn't splurging.

I recall the '90s theory that two humans couldn't possibly eat more than $10 for dinner at Taco Bell, and it pretty much held up...no matter how bad we had the munchies.
I still get a little sticker shock nowadays but then I remember to not act like an old man.
 
Last edited:
BJ's Mediterranean pizza
Chuy's Rellenos (they brought them back, but not as good)
Taco Bell Grilled Stuffed Burrito

For my daughter, the gluten free form of Popcorners White Cheddar.
 
I want to go on a slight tangent for a second and talk about something that was discontinued that I only recently learned was available again. That being this:
1752103576180.png

My late grandmother used to buy these about 20 years ago, and I loved them back in the day, but they were eventually discontinued, and lord knows I missed them. However, a few months ago, I saw them again at my local Hobby Lobby for the first time in a very long time and was quite surprised. Did a little reading, and it turns out they were brought back in 2021, but I was unaware of this until this year. Of course, I got a bag of both and they're every bit as good as I remember. 😋 In fact, I carry them everywhere I go now, and the rest of my family has taken an interest in them once again as well. Really glad to see this back again, and it was about time it happened. 😎
 
One food and one drink. Nabisco Vegetable Thins. Around for years alongside Nabisco’s Better Cheddars, Chicken In A Bisket, and Sociables, Vegetable Thins were quietly phased out so recently, you can still find (sold out) listings for them on most grocery store websites. And then there was 7-Up Gold. It was a cinnamon and ginger flavored 7-Up, and it was delicious. It came in regular and diet. It was a flavor Dr. Pepper was trying to find a home for. When they merged with 7-Up, they felt they found a home for it. Problem was, 7-Up’s branding at the time was (referring to caffeine), “Never had it. Never will.” Yep. It had caffeine. And it was a dark soda that put off a lot of 7-Up drinkers. It was introduced in 1988 and withdrawn in under a year. It’s never been reintroduced.
IMG_3159.webp
IMG_3160.webp
 
This used to be my favorite flavor of this brand of protein powder (ESN Blueberry Cheesecake) and this year they apparently discontinued it. I have no idea why, it was amazing imo. When you mixed it with milk it tasted just like a blueberry muffin.

s-l1200.webp
 
Last edited:
Mars discontinued these in 1981.
I wish they were still around.
IMG_3627.webp
 
Pringles Stix.
View attachment 1449369
So these were a great snack that came in small pouches which had right many of them in each and were quite flavorful. Pizza was my personal favorite with honey butter being not too far behind, but I did not like the cheese flavor much at all. Pretty sure they had other flavors too, but these are all I remember right now. I used to buy these often about 10 years ago because they so good and I ate them until I got tired of them and eventually quite buying them. Sometime last year, I started craving these again, but much to my dismay, I had learned they had been discontinued and it's a pity because these things were fantastic! In fact, I think I'll stop writing here because I am legit craving them right now. :P
Have you heard of Lay's Stax? They taste good and are a good variety. My mom eats those and Ruffle's chips sometimes for a quick snack.

I miss the old Doo Dad's we used to eat in the late 90's and early 2000's.

1755547758358.webp
 
Last edited:
Mars discontinued these in 1981.
I wish they were still around.
View attachment 1472906
Looks very much like a Curly Wurly...


They are still available here in the UK, though English people seem to find it hilarious to ask a Scottish person to say Curly Wurly.

Incidentally, we also used to have a chocolate bar called a Marathon, which were rebranded in line with the US and are now called Snickers.
 
Have you heard of Lay's Stax? They taste good and are a good variety.
I've known about them for MANY years now, and I snack on them quite regularly. So much so, I actually have a can of Mesquite Barbecue sitting right next to me as I am typing this. There's hardly a day I don't eat them.
 
Last edited:
Looks very much like a Curly Wurly...
According to that Wiki page, it is a Curly Wurly. Mars launched theirs a few years after Cadbury's first created it in 1970. Then there's a lot of faff about Mars' version having confusing names for it in different markets before it was discontinued in 1981.
 
BJ's Mediterranean pizza
Chuy's Rellenos (they brought them back, but not as good)
Taco Bell Grilled Stuffed Burrito

For my daughter, the gluten free form of Popcorners White Cheddar.

Chuy's brought back the original Relleno! I got my wish on this one.
 
They are still available here in the UK, though English people seem to find it hilarious to ask a Scottish person to say Curly Wurly.
Only after a murder in Burger King.
 
Next to a purple burglar alarm.
Was literally typing this until I saw your post lol!

Miss mashing a couple of these guys as a kid. They were dark blue then though. Heard they made a bit of a comeback but haven't seen them nearly as big as they used to be.

1755738179645.webp
 
Last edited:
I miss these so much.


iu
 
I miss these so much.


iu
I'd say call Nabisco to ask for a return but they closed the closest factory to us a few years ago so...
 
Kid Connection Soda.
1777657735842.webp

My late grandmother used to buy these for us about 20 years ago, and they used to have a bunch of them at Walmart. They had a myriad of flavors, more than I can remember, but unfortunately, I cannot find many pictures of them anymore. This screencap I found on Reddit is the only thing I can find showing some of the others:
1777658195168.webp

These things were pretty good and not very expensive either. I tried right many of them, but of all them, I think the bubble gum flavor pictured here was my favorite of them all or it might have been blue raspberry. (whatever it was, it was blue) One flavor I remember seeing back in the day was one called chocolate cola, which I never tried because my mom insisted I don't, and 20 whole years later, I still wonder what on Earth it was supposed to taste like. :odd: If I were to see any of these again, I think I'd buy a pretty large supply of them, regardless of what flavors they were, because these things were great and I wish they still sold them today. Especially since I have a 2 year old neice and nephew who I think would like them.
 
Last edited:
In 2020, Coke released Diet Coke in a new (for Coke, anyway) 12 oz. can that was taller and narrower than the standard 12 oz. Diet Coke can. In fact it was the same size as a Red Bull 12 oz. can. At the same time, they also introduced four new flavors: Feisty Cherry, Ginger Lime, Twisted Mango, and Zesty Blood Orange. I believe the goal was to appeal to energy drink buyers with a similar sized can that would slot into existing display cases at convenience stores. In grocery stores they were sold in 8-pack boxes. After about six months, they introduced two more flavors, Blueberry Açai, and Strawberry Guava. Unfortunately, they were all withdrawn from the market in 2021 or 2022. I miss them. I bought them all and liked each one.
IMG_2475.webp

IMG_2476.webp
 
Last edited:
The last time I was in the UK I noticed a distinct lack of Flamin’ Hot Monster Munch. I was specifically looking for them but had no luck.

Those are my death row meal, I hope they’re not completely discontinued.
Rebranded as Sweet & Spicy Flamin' Hot
 
Rebranded as Sweet & Spicy Flamin' Hot

Are they the same curry flavoured monster munch? There are certain things that should not e messed with.
 
Goldfish Crisps Barbecue.
1781666200212.webp
When it comes to snacks like chips and such, barbecue has always been my favorite flavor of them all. I've had numerous kinds of them from different brands over the years, but there is not a single one that I think has ever had better-tasting barbecue than these. I used to buy these at my local Food Lion when they came out, and upon eating them for the first time, I was blown away by how good they tasted. So much so, it was not uncommon for me to open a new bag and then eat the whole thing in one sitting. These things were extremely addictive for me, and trying to eat just a couple was a legit challenge for me because they were just that good! :lol:

However, unfortunately, I haven't seen these again in quite a while. :( I don't have direct confirmation as to whether they are discontinued or not, but upon looking them up earlier, they're out of stock everywhere, and apparently, I am not the only one who has had trouble finding them, because I have read comments from others saying the same thing. That said, I feel like they have been, otherwise I would have found more by now. It's strange to me that I haven't because they were fairly new when I bought them, and didn't seem to stick around very long afterward, which bothers me because this is something I miss so badly. More so than most of the things I've posted here.
 
Last edited:
Right away SoBe comes to mind, a drink from the 90s/early 2000s. Apparently it still exists, kinda, but not in the way it used to with no regular distribution to stores anymore. I remember these being all the rage among the angsty, youth in high school. We'd collect the glass bottles and display them next to the Sublime posters in our rooms whilst playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater... probably.

View attachment 1441177

Side note I learned just now: SoBe is short for South Beach so I always assumed it was a Florida brand. Turns out they were founded in Norwalk, Connecticut, which is basically my backyard. Maybe that plays a role in why they were all over at the time in my area.
THIS.

Fruit Punch was my go-to almost every single day. Glass bottles were best.
 
THIS.

Fruit Punch was my go-to almost every single day. Glass bottles were best.
I actually liked Hawaiian Punch. I was taking a trip a few years ago and stopped for gas and instead of getting a Coke or Pepsi I saw Hawaiian Punch and got that instead. Brought back a lot of memories however I haven't had one since then.
 
Surge.


Rice Krispies Treats cereal

We have Surge in Denmark in the stores called "Normal" , they introduced them last year in a announcement they were back exclusively only in there stores.
 
I loved these. No idea if they're still around. All I know is that they're no longer in store shelves. Mamee has never said anything about the SLRP! line being discontinued.
1788916174484.webp
 
Back