Discuss: do you think pd dumbed down gt5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter B3rni3
  • 6 comments
  • 1,115 views
Messages
90
Messages
berniecon
So as above, do you think pd dumbed down gt5 for the masses?

eg.
A spec is very short

Addition of skid recovery function

Licenses are easier to gold than previous gt's

Challenges for the most part are fairly easy

Very little restrictions for a spec races

Cones on the top gear test track that cant be removed.

Very little in the way of damage. I know there is damage but the car takes a hell of a pounding before it shows.

lack of mechanical damage in A spec


I think they have made the game easier to appeal to more people.

What do you think? discuss.
 
Can't imagine why they would want to do that?

If they wanted to make a hardcore racing sim, I'm sure they could. But that would be intentionally saying 'we are a business, but we don't like money' so let's make a game only 10% of our previous customers would buy.

The game is far from perfect, but they do seem to be improving it as we go along. I think we should give it a year, and then make final judgements. That is a very sad thing to do, but you can't really call what they've given us a complete game.

These existential threads are really spreading...
 
Of course they made the game to appeal to more people.............

The more people it appeals to the more money they make.
 
considering the general decline in real life driving standard, hardly surprising.
 
I think it is important to remember that this site doesn't represent the entire GT5 community. Best figures I could find said that more than 5million units shipped in the figure week. If we assume that was the initial push we can safely probably assume after a month there are possibly 7 million units shipped.

We all know they are not all members here. I would also venture to guess that people who seek out gtplanet tend to be the more hardcore amongst the crowd so it would be difficult to use only this feedback to develop a course for the game.

Also I would expect that all of these first bonus races are tests so they will probably keep throwing new darts against the wall each week until they find something that sticks for the majority.
 
I think the difficulty of the game is just about spot on, honestly. I'm pretty damn good, and it isn't exactly a cake walk.
 
Licenses? Easy? While it's incredibly easy to silver everything, getting Gold with a controller is still a challenge on some tests (strangely, harder with the slower cars). And while you can run the game without doing the license challenges (unlike GT3 or GT4), doing the licenses and getting silvers and golds is necessary to prevent unnecessary grinding to unlock higher level races.

It's not that incredibly easy... A Spec restrictions were largely absent in many GT4 events, as well.

The only thing that feels "dumbed down" is the fact that the A-Spec portion of the game has very few events. GT4 had more Special Events and missions... and some of those were incredibly difficult to finish.

But GT3, GT4 and GT5, while having their difficult aspects, have always had something for even casual players to bite into. It's a given that a console game must have an "Arcade" mode or "Easy races" in order to reach a wider audience.
 
Back