Display in two rooms

• Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 3 comments
United Kingdom
Telford
Roaming_kiwi
Hi all,

I have done a quick search, but didn't notice much in the way of what I'm trying to achieve.

I've recently split up with my now ex and will be moving into a place of my own. I haven't found a house to buy yet, but I am wanting to get things prepared for when I do.

I have a rig which I intend to put together in a spare room or board out the garage to create a study/office. As much as I race, I also love creating liveries. I dont want to be limited to sitting on my racing seat while making liveries. that gets very uncomfortable very quickly. I'd like to be able to chill out in my lounge making liveries on my big TV if that's what I so wish to do.

Would a simple HDMI splitter do the trick? or is there more to it? I do know that the signal loss on HDMI over a distance is large so I am aware I may have to run it over Cat5/Cat6 to cover for this.

Also what does this mean for the controller? Should I also invest in a long USB ext lead to feed into the wall at one end, plug into a USB hub with my other things like G29, Phone charger for Sim Dashboard etc with a wall plate in the lounge for me to plug in a wired controller instead of the DS4?

Or am I simply better off getting a second PS4?

Thank you for the assist. I want to do this right. Sim Racing has become a big hobby of mine

Would it not be easier if you just have an extra figure 8 power wire and HDMI cable easily accessible at the 2nd TV for liveries and when not racing just unplug and transport the PS4 and ds4 from room to room without any cable upsets ;) That's what I would do anyway.. much cheaper and easier than a new PS4 etc.. 👍

On another note HDMI splitter would work fine I suppose as I have my console connected to the TV I race on and a Projector/Big screen both in my bedroom and just decide which screen I'm using with the channel options on the splitter.. I do the same with my pc too when I'm racing and use the internet on tv or the big screen when I'm just slobbing on the bed surfing or losing money gambling haha :D I use 2 splitters one for Playstation and the other for PC great for secondary viewing :cheers:

Last edited:
My aim is to find a place with a lounge big enough to hold both. I've noticed in my few years here in the UK, a lounge that size tends to be a bit of a pipe dream :lol: Not so bad if the study/office ends up being above the lounge as thats easy to deal with in terms of running a couple of cables. I simply prefer some of lifes little luxuries and transporting a PS4 back and forth is not one. I work too darn hard for that kind of carry on haha

Thank you for confirming my original thought on the splitter though. I have a spare Kinvio HDMI splitter doing pretty much nothing right now so Woop Woop!

HDMI splitter would definitely work, extra latency won’t matter for livery design and if you run the cord right, it won’t even be obvious.

An alternative option would be to remote play for your livery design. I’ve taken to doing this lately and I use my laptop for it. Took about 5 minutes to set up the controller, download the app and change a setting on the console.

My wife can watch TV, and right next to her I can make liveries using laptop screen on the couch. It also means I can very easily jump into Illustrator to create SVGs, or look at reference images while designing :)

Back