Display issues

United Kingdom
Hastings
adrianhettich
Hi, I have a issue with my screen.
I have radeon 5450 with 2 gb memory so should run pretty well, tv 40" full hd 1800 p/i
Now every settings on tv are to max, on control panel of graphic card as well, in iracing options as well but screen looks like have been strechet, I mean I cannot see corner from 100 m ( Daytona chicane )
Game it self run smooth ( 30/40 fps) but with this graphic card should run at least 80 fps.
So what I'm doing wrong??

Hi, I have a issue with my screen.
I have radeon 5450 with 2 gb memory so should run pretty well, tv 40" full hd 1800 p/i
Now every settings on tv are to max, on control panel of graphic card as well, in iracing options as well but screen looks like have been strechet, I mean I cannot see corner from 100 m ( Daytona chicane )
Game it self run smooth ( 30/40 fps) but with this graphic card should run at least 80 fps.
So what I'm doing wrong??

How does the windows desktop look ? Check the resolution it's set to, and then in sim, under options > graphics, the resolution is at the top left, check its the same.
Turn down some of the options on the graphics page to get better FPS.
With regards to the view I suspect your Field of View is way out, on the graphics page at top right are the FOV settings, get a tape measure and measure/enter the values it asks for.
If you have a 2GB card, set the GPU memory slider to about 1800MB, windows needs some overhead.

Hope this helps.

How does the windows desktop look ? Check the resolution it's set to, and then in sim, under options > graphics, the resolution is at the top left, check its the same.
Turn down some of the options on the graphics page to get better FPS.
With regards to the view I suspect your Field of View is way out, on the graphics page at top right are the FOV settings, get a tape measure and measure/enter the values it asks for.
If you have a 2GB card, set the GPU memory slider to about 1800MB, windows needs some overhead.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for your reply, yes tv resolution and graphic card resolution are matched.
The only thing I haven't set is screen size like you said. I'm gonna do it now and I'll give you results.
Thank you again as I was already prepared to buy new card

image.jpg
Right, nothing change. Still around 30 fps even with class 4 settings with low details.
If I set it on max quality game run on 15 fps and it's unplayable.
Check the white line on pic and this is on every track, with all settings I use. That's why I can't see corner from 50 m until I'm near my braking point
Is it graphic card or I should not run it on tv??
And these are my settings at the moment
image.jpg

Have you tried running Iracings hardware configure tool? On the main page its under reference, documents and tools. From that page its under, getting started, Quick Start guide. On that page you want configuring your hardware and run it.

Have you tried running Iracings hardware configure tool? On the main page its under reference, documents and tools. From that page its under, getting started, Quick Start guide. On that page you want configuring your hardware and run it.
Yes I have use it in first place when I start it and picture is pretty much the same.
Only thing that is changing is fps everything else looks exactly the same

Yesterday I was checking resolution in game and seems that high resolution helped little bit but even on max setting problem is still there

To begin , I would reduce the anisotropic filtering and uncheck the 2 shaders. Uncheck trilinear and z-fighting also. Then enable some anti aliasing (AA samples / mode) , that will get rid of those jagged edges.
Also , disable the frame rate limiter. It seems to cause stutters on my machine , it could improve your overall frame rate.

There's a lot of information here that will explain the effects of all these settings and how they will affect frame rates and overall performance: http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1460197.page
Expect to spend a lot of time reading , tweaking and testing to get the best results !

To begin , I would reduce the anisotropic filtering and uncheck the 2 shaders. Uncheck trilinear and z-fighting also. Then enable some anti aliasing (AA samples / mode) , that will get rid of those jagged edges.
Also , disable the frame rate limiter. It seems to cause stutters on my machine , it could improve your overall frame rate.

There's a lot of information here that will explain the effects of all these settings and how they will affect frame rates and overall performance: http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1460197.page
Expect to spend a lot of time reading , tweaking and testing to get the best results !
Thank you so much, I'm already on it.

Sorry for lack of update with the above issue.
After long fight and tons of reading I've changed resolution ( 1920-1080 - 16) and that helped;)
I used radeon 5450 2 gb and they are known as fps dropper. my fps dropped from time to time to 5 fps for some reason and in the race that's not what you really want to happen. So I bought hd 7790 and I'm more then happy with this product. Every graphic option is on high and still can run with 120 fps.
So basically graphic card was rubbish
Thanx guys anyway for your time and help

Back