Display problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter thebullet
  • 6 comments
  • 506 views
Messages
5
Hi all, since I have been using the game I have had this problem which is an on and off thing. Basically it will have a constant joltyness on all of the game, start movie, menus (when the camera moves around your car) and playing the game itself. To cure it I have to either quit the game and go back onto it and it normally is fine or turn the ps3 off and on again. As I said it isn't a problem which happens all the time. For example I have played it like 6/7 times since yesterday with the ps3 on and off and it hasn't done it, has anyone else had this problem? it dosen't do it with any other of my ps3 games.

Also when I change direction or move when racing faint lines and ripples appear on the screen, I noticed this on my friends today too, has anyone else seen them? the screen ripples a bit!

Thanks for the help.

Matthew.
 
I think the screen ripples are "screen tearing" a graphical glitch within the game. The shuddering screen however is something I have not had an issue with. I have had, in the past, my screen blink and flash a bit on some Blu-Ray movies, but not for a long time. Hope someone can help you out.👍
 
Ah, well atleast that isn't part of my problem and a few others have had it. Thanks for the help! I hope I can sort out this other problem.

Matthew
 
The 'jolting' on the menu screens is something I haven't heard of on these forums.

Globally you might expect that it's a fault with the TV display OR with the PS3's graphics chip.

Either way the problem isn't (in my opinion) specific to GT5. Do you find that this happens with BluRay discs, other hi-res games etc?
 
When I say menu screens I mean the bit of playback in the background as the camera moves, so it seems any kind of video. It isn't so tragic I still play it like it but I can just notice it. I play my other games without problems and I have played 1 blu ray dvd on it and that played fine but not so many times like I do GT5 to see if the problem occurs. What is odd is that it isn't all the time, I will just happen every so often. It's rather puzzling.

Thanks for the help
Matthew.
 
I guess the process-of-elimination might help.

To start with you should take your PS3 to another TV and see if the problem reoccurs!
 
Right, will do this. My TV is even a year old and has already has to be replaced once after a couple of months use because of one of the boards going. It's an LG 32".

I would be move concerned if it happens all the time, but it is only that one time every so often it does it and quiting the game and going back into it solves it.

Matthew
 
Back