Display settings

  • Thread starter Thread starter priesty_lfc
  • 5 comments
  • 1,015 views
Messages
3,660
England
Bristol
Messages
priesty_lfc
Every time I've started since last week I've had a message come saying my date and time settings were incorrect (all tho there not) so I thought I'd go into settings to see what I could find.

Clicking in display settings you have a current display settings box in which mine says 1920 x 1080 which is fine as I have a 1080p Sony however is also has 59.94p. What is that all about?? Is it the same for everybody???
 
Every time I've started since last week I've had a message come saying my date and time settings were incorrect (all tho there not) so I thought I'd go into settings to see what I could find.

Clicking in display settings you have a current display settings box in which mine says 1920 x 1080 which is fine as I have a 1080p Sony however is also has 59.94p. What is that all about?? Is it the same for everybody???

Nope, you're doing it wrong. If it's the date and time, you'd better go to the PS3 settings. I recommend updating the date and time by synchronizing with the internet, but you can only do this when you have internet connection. If not, then do it manually.
 
I don't know if you were asking about the date and time or the 59.94p, but as for time, just go to the PS3's date and time settings and use the internet to sync the time. As for the 59.94p, mine also says. This number, I believe, has to do with framerate. Look here.
 
Vesartis
I don't know if you were asking about the date and time or the 59.94p, but as for time, just go to the PS3's date and time settings and use the internet to sync the time. As for the 59.94p, mine also says. This number, I believe, has to do with framerate. Look here.

It was 59.94p which was what I was wanting info on, the whole date thing was what led me to display settings. Thanks for clearing it up tho, I want sure if it was tv specific or a general setting.

Incidentally my date and time settings are fine, it's London GMT and dine via the Internet, it'd only happened since last weekend, I thought I seen in a trading thread someone from the US mention that there clocks changed last week. Is this correct?
 
I'm running 720p since my rearprojector only supports that, and 1080i. But I didn´t recognize a big difference. 55" is comfortable, though :)
 
If you choose the upscale option in display I think it will upscale to 1080i..I had mine set by accident and the quality was great but of course native 1080p is mo betta :D
oh yeah, 3D is also 720 only and still looks fab so even 1080p snobs like me can live with it :)

I'm running 720p since my rearprojector only supports that, and 1080i. But I didn´t recognize a big difference. 55" is comfortable, though :)
 
Back