Ditching PS5 for pc

• Thread starter Cssgareth
  • 8 comments
United Kingdom
England
cssgareth1987
I’ve been a lifelong fan of the GT series and have put a fair amount of time into GT7 on my PS5 but over the last few months I’ve struggled to find any games for it that interest me.

I think half the problem is that I see all the content being churned out for AM2 and rFactor2 for PC and just wish that we had the equivalent on console.

I’ve decided to get rid of the PS5 and make the jump back to PC and really look forward to exploring all the other race sims out there! It’s been 15+ years since I did any serious PC gaming and can’t wait to get my teeth into them.

GT7 is great, but I think it’s format and development struggles to keep up with the pace of other games in PC land and I’ve fallen out of love with it as a result.

Has anyone else made the jump and would anyone recommend any other race sims other than AM2 and rfactor2?

iRacing and BeamNG.drive have been favourites since making the switch.
Really looking forward to Assetto Corsa 2 as well.

I tried the AMS2 demo with the VW and I was not impressed with the handling, something felt off.

ACC is super great on PC, the best sim imo. You can try iRacing, like I have a handful of times, but its too expensive and looks and feels....less than ideal. I know I'm in the minority on that one :lol:

Jerome

BeamNG and Assetto Corsa, just for the modability. (Automation too because it allows you to easily whip up basic modded cars yourself for Beam, good game as well in it's own right)

I mainly play ACC (for competitive racing) and AC for fun and giggle. Sometimes RRRE when I want a challenge against AI. WTCC season are always fun. DTM as well but has a little less variety in cars.

If you ever go the RRRE road. DO NOT BUY directly from the shop. Check how much it cost and buy a package for their currecy in the shop. Can save quite a bit that way.

Sorry for being a bit daft, but what's RRRE?

Thanks for all the replies and recommendations, super excited to get my teeth into these!

I've started dabbling on the PC side recently myself, tried rF2, AC, and AMS2 of the games i didn't have on Xbox, PC2 with custom FFB files is awesome, but all that said, I kinda like RaceRoom. Bit older and it shows, but there's lots of interesting and different stuff, and generally, everything just sort of feels right out of the box. I haven't even touched my wheel settings. Of course, I don't get much time to play so I'm not all that deep into it yet so that may change. But yeah, like @RX-7_FD3S said, look for deals on their credit system, and they do a pretty good sale in the summer. If nothing else you can test drive any car for free, and the free base tracks aren't bad for doing that to see if you like it.

Back