Djp-jdk autocar testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not yet.
"Get outta town"
DJP-JDK AUTOCAR TESTING.

This is a guide to help everyone, whether it is some one's first car or a race car buying decision. All 722 will be evaluated.

Classes are as follows;

1 coupes
2 sedans
3 tuners
4 rally cars
5 standard race cars
6 Le mans cars
7 SUVs and vans
8 Pick-ups
9 RCSs
10 station wagons
11 Hatches
12 Cup cars

The only modifications used are;
1 Oil change, (If the car is bought used)
2 Rigidity refresh, (If the car is bought used)

These are the strict rules on the cars;

1 No weight added
2 Weight balance not moved.
3 No Aids.
4 If the VCD is included, (without purchasing) it is not moved.
5 Tests are ran in A-SPEC mode only.

Deep Forest will start our test for the first 10. The starting six are the only V6 hatches*.

1 Renault, Clio R. Sport Phase 2 '03 - $11,415 - 180Ci#
2 Alfa Romeo, 147 GTA '02 - $10,208 - 194Ci
3 Audi, A3 3.2 Quattro '03 - $9,029 - 195Ci
4 Renault, Clio R. Sport V6 24 V '00 - $10,735 - 180Ci
5 VW, Golf IV R32 '03 - $9,188 - 195Ci
6 VW, New Beetle RSI "00 - $19,985 - 195Ci

*The VW Beetle line is hard to classify between coupe and hatch, but because of the light power we put them in the hatch class.
# We don't like cubic centimeters so we use cubic inches instead.

Last edited:
This is a guide to help pick out a first car,or sell extras for cash. Think of it kinda like Motor Trend ,or Car And Driver. All 722 will be evaluated.
Sorry mate, but what the **** are you talking about? That sentence doesn't make sense to me and the rest of the post only confuses me more.

EDIT: Okay, are you doing a B-spec test to see which cars are best? Sorry to tell you but it's been done before, and far more comprehensively. So comprehensively that I couldn't be bothered finding a dozen links for you.

I sincerely hope the life of this thread is shorter than the last two or three. It was hilarious for a while but now is getting tiresome.

To the mods: I'm seriously ****ing unimpressed with the latitude this cretin has been given. Sort this bloke out, he gives us a bad name. And gives you a bad name. I'm pointing at you, Famine, as the mod who seems to 'police' this fool's gibberish most regularly.

What if someone wants to know a stock car potential before purchasing, selling, or upgrading? Maybe Famine hasn't drove all of the cars and he says, "well what if I wanna buy that car?, wow that stock guide is helpful."
If we leave the tuning to the experts and help out with the stock form, what harm is that doing? Say a beginner's choice to tuning a certain car.
Or is the resale value worth the price of making a terrible descision in the middle of the game and saying oh I have to start all over?

Last edited:
Oil, rigidity, nitrous, R5 tyres and a refresh are not stock form.

But, as pointed out, we already have data on all 728 stock cars around Trial Mountain, Cote d'Azur, Tsukuba, Super Speedway, Laguna Seca and the Nuerburgring, as driven by an independant adjudicator - a 10,000pt B-Spec driver.

Far be it from me to stop you from going ahead with your plan, but... what is it that is new that you're bringing to the game here - and how exactly is this relevant to the Tuning & Settings section?

Just our own way of helping begginers out before making hasty desions on tuning.:) Yes you are correct on that being the changes. We will fix that.
Perhaps the only thing is ridgity refresh part of that theory? along with the used cars on the performance below, that of regular standards.
The oil change is the second Upgrade? To bring to par?

Last edited:
However, the question still stands. We already have stock-car testing data for all 728 cars on 6 different tracks, driven by a driver who has no subjective preferences. What is it you're doing that is new - and if you're not tuning the cars, why is it in the Tuning section?

Shall you move this for me? I would greatly appreciate that or perhaps a suspension tune? Would that qualify us? 💡 Plus your count is off as far as cars go- 722 is the correct #.

Far be it from me to stop you from going ahead with your plan]

I beg to differ, sir. Your job is to stop decent users (I don't include myself) from reading drivel written by semi-literate monkeys. While I have the utmost respect for your driving and modding achievements, you have failed the gtp community by not kicking this fool out.

When I look at T-FAN's threads I often see 5 or 6 'guests' reading it. Your lack of moderation is making the site look bad. When (if?) GT5 comes out this record will be a black mark on your previously impeccable resume.

Please understand, Famine, that I love your work. And sorry for getting the colour wrong in the last post.

PF
I beg to differ, sir. Your job is to stop decent users (I don't include myself) from reading drivel written by semi-literate monkeys. While I have the utmost respect for your driving and modding achievements, you have failed the gtp community by not kicking this fool out.

When I look at T-FAN's threads I often see 5 or 6 'guests' reading it. Your lack of moderation is making the site look bad. When (if?) GT5 comes out this record will be a black mark on your previously impeccable resume.

Please understand, Famine, that I love your work. And sorry for getting the colour wrong in the last post.

But TOURNIQUETFAN is also a member of GTPlanet...

My "job" is to uphold the site rules. Where he has crossed that line, he has been treated appropriately. Other than that, his only crime is being a little... eager to see his words on the screen without an internal check. That's not against the AUP. Now, if I were to kick out everyone I thought were a fool, we'd have precisely 72 members, and more than half would be the staff.

Inconsistent application of rules is what makes the site look bad. Luckily Jordan has chosen a team which applies the rules as he would if he were able to moderate the whole site himself, consistently.

Where someone errs, the staff and core membership are there to provide guidance. Where someone breaks the rules, the staff are there to bring them back into line - or remove them.

Shall you move this for me? I would greatly appreciate that or perhaps a suspension tune? Would that qualify us? 💡 Plus your count is off as far as cars go- 722 is the correct #.

You might want to check what you're talking about and who you're talking to before you make claims like that.

If you're tuning the suspension, then you're comparing 728 cars using suspension tuning at your preference by driving at your preference. How does that help anyone?

These are questions you should be asking before you start a thread.

Last edited:
Well taken, but we thought the tuning section is about someone's idea on a suspension tune or a tranny? We are not really comparing but rather a test if you will. Then adjustments completed. Would our hot-rod style be better? How did you get that count we only got 722 on all check lists? Including the cars we own.

The one thing you did not list is that we will test everycar on everytrack not just 6. 53 tracks - Gymkhana not incl. So 52 will be driven.
there is your answer sir now how about mine?

Last edited:
Well taken, but we thought the tuning section is about someone's idea on a suspension tune or a tranny?

Indeed, but as I said before, the point of tuning is to subjectively tune out undesirable characteristics. What you end up with is then a whole bunch of cars with handling you like. This won't help anyone but... you.

Would our hot-rod style be better?

Aside from notions of what exactly your "style" is, you end up with the same problem. A bunch of cars tuned how you like them compared by you - helping only you.

How did you get that count we only got 722 on all check lists?

NTSC-U/C is not the only version of the game - nor the definitive one.

So what if your persons wants to try a different way of driving?💡
What if not weeding the problem but forge a way of driving? obviously the cars are not built to hot-rod, so tune them to try it?:)

So what if your persons wants to try a different way of driving?💡
What if not weeding the problem but forge a way of driving? obviously the cars are not built to hot-rod, so tune them to try it?:)

Ooookay. We're back on Wordwang now. I recognise all of the words you've typed but, for some reason, can't turn them into English sentences.

You're trying two things at once here. One is a comparative library of cars, which has been done and is nothing to do with car tuning. The other is basic tuning of every car in the game, which hasn't been done - and for good reason. It's mutually exclusive with creating a comparative library of cars - you end up with a library of cars with their natural handling tendencies masked, tweaked to how you like to drive them and with times achieved by you. This doesn't help anyone else.

You need to concentrate on one thing. The car library has been done, so skip it. Instead, stick to tuning - and just tune one car at a time like everyone else does. There's a reason for that too - if you try too many things at once, you'll end up being crap at all of them.

And please, for the love of bees, think of these things before you make your next thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back