DLC discount on car packs August 2nd

CAMAROBOY69

Premium
United States
Michigan
CAMAROBOY69
From the Forza site. NOW I might finally buy some cars. I still have not bought a single DLC car pack yet for F3. This is actually what I have been wating for. 👍

EDIT: This is for gold accounts only. http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/08/02/deal-of-the-week-forza-3-cars-and-track-packs.aspx

DLC discount week 2nd August
August 2nd - Forza 3 Cars and Track Packs

•AutoWeek Car Show Pack - 240 Microsoft Points
•Hot Holidays Car Pack - 240 Microsoft Points
•Jalopnik Car Pack - 240 Microsoft Points
•Nürburgring GP Track Pack - 240 Microsoft Points
•The Road & Track Car Pack - 240 Microsoft Points

Last edited:
Am I glad that the Benchmark track pack is not in that list. Otherwise I'd be one pissed off Saberfire :D

Not bad. Might have a look at the 458 and GTR pack.

Did Forza 2 have 2 for 1 after a year or so? I'm sure it had some nice DLC deals.

I'd love to make my own car pack out of the old Forza 3 DLC packs and get the Bugatti etc and leave out the 2010 Audi TT, 2011 BMW Z4, 2010 Honda Civic, 2010 Aston Martin Rapide, Ford GT race car.

Maybe Jube3 can put this forward to T10. I don't want to drop my money on one pack just for the Bugatti. Split them up after 6 months or something.

Last edited:
I've looked today and yesterday and they're still 400 Points.

Can someone from the US check the Marketplace please?

I've looked today and yesterday and they're still 400 Points.

Can someone from the US check the Marketplace please?

Im not from US but i have access to the US market (my country doesnt have official support yet) and i got the road&track pack for 240.

Im not from US but i have access to the US market (my country doesnt have official support yet) and i got the road&track pack for 240.

Would these packs work with a PAL disc? Do you have the US copy?

I've just checked the marketplace again (still 400) so it looks like the deal is not including the UK. 👎

I'll wait till they decide us poor limeys are worthy of a deal. Money is waiting MS.

Would these packs work with a PAL disc? Do you have the US copy?

I've just checked the marketplace again (still 400) so it looks like the deal is not including the UK. 👎

I'll wait till they decide us poor limeys are worthy of a deal. Money is waiting MS.

I dont think the DLC are limted by the origin of the disc, but im not 100% sure, i have the NTSC version.
You dont see the Forza deal of the week in your spotlight section of the dashboard?

I dont think the DLC are limted by the origin of the disc, but im not 100% sure, i have the NTSC version.
You dont see the Forza deal of the week in your spotlight section of the dashboard?

No there's nothing in the spotlight. Can't find any Forza offers anywhere. The old packs are still 400 points.

Even on the website its 400 Points

29964494.jpg

How do I access this offer? I posted on fm.net but only one reply so far and not sure if he's in the UK and accessed the offer.

I'm take it then this offer is only open to Gold accounts?

Can a Gold account from the UK check the marketplace please?

Last edited:
I bought the "Autoweek Car show pack" since it was on sale for only 240ms points. I just had to have the Aston Martin One-77 and the GT500.

Edit: Anyone got a 48 hour code or 24 hour code (if they exist) that I could have please?

Sorry to disappoint you but a 48h code doesn't give you real XBL Gold. You can play online but you can't access offers limited to Gold members.

The 'Deal of the Week' is always limited to XBL Gold.

Sorry to disappoint you but a 48h code doesn't give you real XBL Gold. You can play online but you can't access offers limited to Gold members.

I thought this would be the case but I was informed otherwise.

I've created a month trial account (even though I've used 3 up already) and was informed the DLC packs would show on all profiles so I'll see how this goes.

I thought this would be the case but I was informed otherwise.

I've created a month trial account (even though I've used 3 up already) and was informed the DLC packs would show on all profiles so I'll see how this goes.

Yes you can do that, just keep the account info of that account in case you ever need to transfer the license to another console.

Yes you can do that, just keep the account info of that account in case you ever need to transfer the license to another console.

Just bought a pack and it's all good.

I did plan to use a first time order offer again where you can get 3 months Live for £3 with a certain catalogue company using a relatives credit card and hope it gets here before the 8th but this year long running offer ended this August.

Back