Do any versions of this car cook?

  • Thread starter Thread starter inferno
  • 7 comments
  • 556 views
Messages
1,128
I have a 1986 nissan pulsar thats ben sitting in front of my house for about a year now. I bought it because the final asembly date is in the same year and month as my birthdate, It needs alot of work, like maby a new engine and tranny alltogether. I want to customize it and as you see my options are about as wide open as a parts yard for this model. I was curious though if any performance versions existed based on this chassis. like a japan only hop up model, something I could try to mimic. Just curious if any performance pulsars where going around back in 86' because with no aftermarket to look too i'm at a loss for what to do.
 
No, the Pulsar was never a real sports car, more along the lines of the original Prelude: small, light, low powered. I've driven an '86 and with the manual transmission you have a better shot at fun - I mean, it could be a Metro - but it's never going to compete with a CRX.
 
BS...the pulsar was a somewhat modified car..The SR20DET can be placed into it... which gives it the same possibilities of any other in the line of sentra's 200sx's NX2000's and Sunny's
just..kinda ugly..
 
being 1986 I presume its a N12 pulsar? N12's came out in australia with special model called Pulsar ET turbo, which is fairly quick for a Pulsar with its E15 ET engine. IF its a N13 I have herd of some SR20DET and CA18DET conversions done.
 
Put an SR20DET in the Pulsar and you will have a very quick car on your hands. It makes for a great sleeper car. Check out www.srswap.com for more info on SR20DET engine swaps.
 
Sounds unanimous. And I definately like the idea of an SR20DET at my right foot. but as for if is an N12 or N13? I havent the slightest. Its a basic three box coupe body style (two doors and a trunk) with stow away headlamps. the engine is an E16 SOHC four, and although its carburated, the car is prewired for fuel injection thanks to an optional turbocharged EFI version of the same engine rated at 105 hp :lol: And now that I think about it, we were looking at a 2.0 liter replacement from a wrecked sentra that turned out to be a bad idea. but it would have fit, although I doubt it was an SR20DE. question number two. asuming it is compatable are we talking about a newer SR20DET? like an S15 SR20DET? A 240 hp!!! SR20DET? :dopey: :eek: :drool: :D

ps: I'm working on the "Kinda ugly" part.
 
VIPERGTSR01
...IF its a N13 I have herd of some SR20DET and CA18DET conversions done.

Ive heard of engines out of the crap Holden Camira being put in as well. Its a cheaper alternative and is from the same Family II engine group.
 
yeah lol, damn crapmiras.
 
Back