Do cars gain mileage in arcade?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ghsnu
  • 16 comments
  • 4,318 views
Messages
1,039
United States
Tucson, AZ
Messages
spedy7
Been wanting to get some miles on a few cars I bought and racing against 8-12 cars just isn't as fun as racing against 16, that and there's no long races for slower cars.

So my question is do your cars gain mileage in arcade?
 
Yes it will add miles to your car
 
Does it? I've used arcade mode to run cars I don't want to add miles to... if I remember correctly, it doesn't count towards accumulated miles.
 
It does check the miles after you drove the car
 
Yup. I use Arcade mode to test out cars I've acquired with 0.0 miles.

Checking: Bought Mazda Autozam AZ-1, stock, Comfort Medium tires, 0 times switched, 0.0 kilometers, 0 wins. Use this car now? No.

Placing it on favorites so I can use it in Arcade.

Entering Arcade Mode. Single Race. 10 laps, Autumring Mini, 1.28 kms, 12.8 kms total race distance.

...wait for it... this takes a long time with an Autozam... :lol:

Nine minutes later, win the race.

Exit Arcade Mode. Go back to GT Mode. Go back to garage.

Mazda Autozam, 0 times switched, 0.0 kilometers, 0 wins.

Switched.

Practice Mode. A-Spec One Make Race. 1 Lap. 1.28 kms.

Lose. I suck. Exit race.

Back to garage. Distance: 1.4 kms. Still 0 Switches (won't go to one until I exit the car) and 0 wins.

The important part for car collectors like me is: Using a 0.0 car in Arcade mode ensures that it stays 0.0 and has no "Switched Cars" stats on it. In other words... it stays in mint condition.
 
...

The important part for car collectors like me is: Using a 0.0 car in Arcade mode ensures that it stays 0.0 and has no "Switched Cars" stats on it. In other words... it stays in mint condition.[/COLOR]

If you rent your 0/0 cars to friends,do they add miles on them?
 
Funny how you say it doesnt add miles yet I fully broke in my CIEN in Arcade mode it is now at 995 HP.
 
Funny how you say it doesnt add miles yet I fully broke in my CIEN in Arcade mode it is now at 995 HP.

There's a difference between "Arcade" mode and "Practice" mode. I don't know if you can break a car in in Arcade mode, but I'm reporting what I see. I've never seen any car gain miles on the odometer in Arcade mode... and I use Arcade mode a lot.

Do what I did up there. Buy a car at the dealership. Don't select it or drive it in GTLife, but put it in your favorites. Race it in Arcade Mode (from the main screen, not from the GTLife screen). Go back to the garage. It will still have 0.0 miles on it.

If your results differ, we're not playing the same game.
 
My results did differ, after 2 or some laps of Nordschleife my 0 miles trade-acquired 908 had 0.6 miles on it back in GT life mode.
 
So two laps of a fourteen mile track gave you 0.6 miles? :lol:

Or was that two laps of the 3 mile GP circuit? :D

Seriously... I've done hundreds of laps in arcade mode, and I've never seen any change in my cars.
 
as far as arcade/time trial mode I've lapped the ring with my GTR a million times trying for the trophy and it still has 0.0 miles.
 
I think "Free Run" in practice mode adds miles, but I don't pay attention.

I have no idea about online driving, as my connection is too erratic for me to go online.

"Switches" or "Switched Car" statistics matter to some people... some traders online ask for cars with 0 miles and 0 uses.
 
Back