Do cars refuel at different speeds during pit stops?

• Thread starter moby323
  • 9 comments
United States
United States
when the pit crew is adding fuel, do different cars refuel at different rates? For example, my Mclaren during the deep forest endurance race seems to take forever for the tank to fill.

Does it vary between cars and if so is that a factor to consider?

I don't think is base on the car but the race for simple in Sardegna the cars seem to refuel at x6, while in Tokyo they seem to refuel at X3.

Of course you can test this by taking the same car to Sardegna 800 then Tokyo 600.

I don't think is base on the car but the race for simple in Sardegna the cars seem to refuel at x6, while in Tokyo they seem to refuel at X3.

Of course you can test this by taking the same car to Sardegna 800 then Tokyo 600.
Ok thanks

They do not. There’s a standard c number of liters per second that all cars refuel at. I don’t think they put that info in the daily race info. But when you set up a lobby ( maybe a custom race idk) that’s available to change. 🍻

when the pit crew is adding fuel, do different cars refuel at different rates? For example, my Mclaren during the deep forest endurance race seems to take forever for the tank to fill.

Does it vary between cars and if so is that a factor to consider?
Refuel rates are the same for all cars, only thing that matters is the settings in the game.
In races where refueling exists, refuel rates are limited by rules of the series.

If the rules say you're refuel rate is limited at 5liters per second, no team is going to refuel at 3liters per second.

You can set the refuel rate can be changed in game

All cars have the same sized "Fuel Tank" as well.
It does not matter if the car is a Honda S660 or a Modern LMPH

I have no basis to challenge, but I’d have assumed that cars would have different sized fuel tanks, modelled off their real life equivalent.

Perhaps some instances fuel tanks can be the same, like types of cars that were designed to meet certain regulations (ie: all GT3 in an era), or likewise certain events where performance parameters are set might modify the capacity.

If fuel is delivered, eg: 5 litres a second, cars with larger capacity would take longer to reach 100% (ie: 40L 8s, 80L 16s, etc).

No evidence to support any of this :)

All cars in-game are at 100L fuel tanks, refuel rate is room/race set and not car-dependent. A GT3 with 95L and 120L IIRC both in game will have 100L fuel tank max capacity regardless.

All cars in-game are at 100L fuel tanks, refuel rate is room/race set and not car-dependent. A GT3 with 95L and 120L IIRC both in game will have 100L fuel tank max capacity regardless.
That’s really interesting to know, thanks :)

I have no basis to challenge, but I’d have assumed that cars would have different sized fuel tanks, modelled off their real life equivalent.

Perhaps some instances fuel tanks can be the same, like types of cars that were designed to meet certain regulations (ie: all GT3 in an era), or likewise certain events where performance parameters are set might modify the capacity.

If fuel is delivered, eg: 5 litres a second, cars with larger capacity would take longer to reach 100% (ie: 40L 8s, 80L 16s, etc).

No evidence to support any of this :)
Correct, but we are talking about the rate at which fuel is delivered, not the amount of total fuel. In most cases you do not refuel the tank %100 during a pit stop. Just enough to finish the race/until. Ect pit stop. 🍻

Back