Do DLC cars and liveries get transferred over if upgrading from PS4 to PS5?

Indonesia
Indonesia
So I recently got a PS5 and a disc version of GT7 for it too after trading in my PS4. While I've tried looking into other threads discussing this similar topic, I couldn't really find a decent answer anywhere.

Since on my PS4 version I had a code that gives me the 3 DLC car pack (the RX-Vision Stealth, the 917 and the GT500 Supra) plus I've made a lot of liveries for the cars I've already owned, will they get transferred over too when I switch to the PS5 version, or would the cars be locked out and all my liveries gone? I did save the code from my PS4 version of the game just in case. Thanks in advance.

The cars are linked to your PSN account, which is why you can delete the game and reinstall it without losing access, while other players can download from the PSN store and not get access to the cars.

With that in mind you should be able to maintain access, but honestly it's something you're going to have to test to confirm, unless you can find someone else who also went from the PS4 version to PS5.

So I recently got a PS5 and a disc version of GT7 for it too after trading in my PS4. While I've tried looking into other threads discussing this similar topic, I couldn't really find a decent answer anywhere.

Since on my PS4 version I had a code that gives me the 3 DLC car pack (the RX-Vision Stealth, the 917 and the GT500 Supra) plus I've made a lot of liveries for the cars I've already owned, will they get transferred over too when I switch to the PS5 version, or would the cars be locked out and all my liveries gone? I did save the code from my PS4 version of the game just in case. Thanks in advance.

You're good to go! I'm speaking from personal experience.

I upgraded from the collector's version on the PS4 that came with a disk for PS5. When I transferred to the PS5, my liveries came right over. My replays did not.

I upgraded from the collector's version on the PS4 that came with a disk for PS5. When I transferred to the PS5, my liveries came right over. My replays did not.
I can confirm this as well. It's probably the only good thing about the way PD does GT. You can even switch back and forth between the ps4, and ps5 version, and pick up right where you left off, on the other console.

MMX
I can confirm this as well. It's probably the only good thing about the way PD does GT. You can even switch back and forth between the ps4, and ps5 version, and pick up right where you left off, on the other console.
Thanks! I'll have a look tomorrow once everything's downloaded overnight. I'm still a bit wary about my DLC cars though, whether or not they'll be accessible. Still, glad to know I won't have to recreate all the liveries I've made so far!

Last edited:
Thanks! I'll have a look tomorrow once everything's downloaded overnight. I'm still a bit wary about my DLC cars though, whether or not they'll be accessible. Still, glad to know I won't have to recreate all the liveries I've made so far!
You may have to download the DLC cars again, I don't remember, but you'll have no trouble getting them.

Back