do i HAVE to watch my friends' ghosts while i race?!?

• Thread starter tyler5
  • 18 comments
Estonia
Tallinn
ESTyler
Hello fellow GTP'ers,

I am having a rather silly issue. I am trying to do the Special Events (M4, Hudson etc) but every time i start the race, i am pitted against my friends list' ghosts.
How the hell can i turn this off? It is IMPOSSIBLE to drive a better time with that damn thing fiddling in front of me times x10. its like their driving lines and their names, i cant see the actual cars.
Anyway, its VERY annoying.

Can anyone, please, tell me how to turn this horrible thing off so I can race without having to watch other people's races in the form of a white line and a PSN username. Really hope someone can help as I've been searching for 15-20mins now from the menus and I just can't seem to get rid of the damn things :(

Thank You in advance :)

Isn't that function just to toggle your own ghost?

I only found the friends' 'ghosts' to be that distracting at the Apricot Hill/night license test.

It turns both my ghost and the lines on the road that your friends leave for me.

You don't have :D As Ford wrote use up on diagonal pad . You know It would be nice if people would sometimes at least check things/problems, before posting a rant in caps lock :D

it worked! :)

Thank You sooo much and Merry Christmas to You, guys!

GTP really is a one of a kind place. ;)

You don't have :D As Ford wrote use up on diagonal pad . You know It would be nice if people would sometimes at least check things/problems, before posting a rant in caps lock :D
Yes, up is the default - I though have re-assigned all of my controller functions (as I said...) so will need to check...and do please tell me where I was ranting or using caps lock, eh? Or maybe take a leaf out of your own book and read before ya post...(now I'm rantin' :mischievous:)

Last edited:
do You guys also happen to know how I can change the cars from BHP to kW like we use in my country or if not then just plain old HP? BHP is like reading Chinese to me (it says nothing to me).
I mean Forza 4 you put the unit thing into metric and it automatically changed power to kW, miles to km/h etc.
Both are great games :)

Yes, its right there in-game, mapped out in the settings menu/controller section.

Yes, up is the default - I though have re-assigned all of my controller functions (as I said...) so will need to check...and do please tell me where I was ranting or using caps lock, eh? Or maybe take a leaf out of your own book and read before ya post...(now I'm rantin' :mischievous:)

I think he's directing at the OP, about checking things before asking :lol:.
:cheers:

do You guys also happen to know how I can change the cars from BHP to kW like we use in my country or if not then just plain old HP? BHP is like reading Chinese to me (it says nothing to me).
I mean Forza 4 you put the unit thing into metric and it automatically changed power to kW, miles to km/h etc.
Both are great games :)
I know that if I change my XMB language to German that kW appears in stead of bhp, but I doubt you want everything in German when you play.

Well it wasnt meant for you and i got no problem helping with problems , just pointed that OP took a time and made a post (do I HAVE to watch ...) before even checking very simple thing > push diagonal pad up to turn ON/OFF ghosts (inc. your friends ones ).I wouldn't even made a post (rant) if I wouldn't be in that special rant mood :D

I really hate how you can't turn this off without turning off your own ghost too. They need to be separate.

but on the other subject - i thought i would ask here first instead of creating another 'stupid n00b thread': - if my language is English and the GT6 version I have is the one for Scandinavia (probably), is there any chance of me changing the power display from BHP which really does tell me ZERO about the power to something that I understand and use on a daily basis?

I mean how can this not be one of the first things you make sure is available when creating a racing game that is going to be available to the WORLD, practically, and most definitely available in areas (like Europe) that have 'kW' as their default/official measure of power for motor vehicles (my country being one of many in EU).

Hello fellow GTP'ers,

I am having a rather silly issue. I am trying to do the Special Events (M4, Hudson etc) but every time i start the race, i am pitted against my friends list' ghosts.
How the hell can i turn this off? It is IMPOSSIBLE to drive a better time with that damn thing fiddling in front of me times x10. its like their driving lines and their names, i cant see the actual cars.
Anyway, its VERY annoying.

Can anyone, please, tell me how to turn this horrible thing off so I can race without having to watch other people's races in the form of a white line and a PSN username. Really hope someone can help as I've been searching for 15-20mins now from the menus and I just can't seem to get rid of the damn things :(

Thank You in advance :)

Delete or block all your friends or do as I do and don't have any friends.

Just KIDDING!!!

I agree. That friends lap thing is irritating but the idea behind it is like a lot of things: great idea poorly executed. It's been a distraction and annoying to me as too.

But I'm not kidding about friends, I don't have any. I'm very sad :(

Since the post has been answered, I just want to point out that I enjoy seeing the lines that my friends take on the tests. Very cool feature and helpful.

Back