Do I keep my CSR Fanatec or get a Thrustmaster TX+Basherboard

• Thread starter katpeeler
  • 13 comments
80710A06
katpeeler
I need some advice from people that stay in the know more than I do. I bought my CSR Fanatec and Clubsport pedals for FM4 and realy enjoyed them until they no longer are compatable with Xbox One. Recently I have been using my setup in Iracing and forgoten how much I miss using a wheel setup. Before the end of the year I am planing up upgrading my HTPC to be able to run AC and Project cars. I know my Fanatec will work but the wheel is starting to show its age. The cover on the wheel is starting to come apart and it seems to get realy warm when I use it. So warm I get hot after about an hour of use. So I have been kicking around the idea to get a Thrustmaster wheel and use the Basherboard CPX adapter for my pedals so I can at least use it on my Xbox One AND PC if I want. But I heard some bad things about the Thrustmaster when it first came out..I do enjoy my Forza 5 and wish I could use a wheel for it.

So I guees what Im asking is how is the Thrustmaster TX compair to a CSR Fanatec on PC and Xbox?
Are there any issues with the Basherboard CPX?????

PS...I do not care about the compatability with Playstation.

I can't give you a comparison since I don't own a Fanatec wheel but I do have a TX with Fanatec CSR Elite pedals and CPX adapter and it works flawlessly on the XBO and PC.

I need some advice from people that stay in the know more than I do. I bought my CSR Fanatec and Clubsport pedals for FM4 and realy enjoyed them until they no longer are compatable with Xbox One. Recently I have been using my setup in Iracing and forgoten how much I miss using a wheel setup. Before the end of the year I am planing up upgrading my HTPC to be able to run AC and Project cars. I know my Fanatec will work but the wheel is starting to show its age. The cover on the wheel is starting to come apart and it seems to get realy warm when I use it. So warm I get hot after about an hour of use. So I have been kicking around the idea to get a Thrustmaster wheel and use the Basherboard CPX adapter for my pedals so I can at least use it on my Xbox One AND PC if I want. But I heard some bad things about the Thrustmaster when it first came out..I do enjoy my Forza 5 and wish I could use a wheel for it.

So I guees what Im asking is how is the Thrustmaster TX compair to a CSR Fanatec on PC and Xbox?
Are there any issues with the Basherboard CPX?????

PS...I do not care about the compatability with Playstation.
I have both wheels but don't have clubsport pedals. The TX is in a completely different league than the CSR. The main difference is strength but it's smoother as well. I would say Clubsport-TX combo would be very nice.

Damn....looks like I have to spend money
@Blkout..do the brake pedals vibrate with the CPX adapter??

Also what do you use for a shifter?? Do I need a seperate adapter to use my Fanatec Shifter??

Last edited:
Do not even think about the CSR as there is no comparison with the TX.
TX all the way - smooth - powerful - and solid. Combine this wheel with your clubsport pedals along with Jon`s CPX adaptor and you end up with a setup that will be envied by many.
And yes the brake pedal will vibrate along with a wider range of adjustment due to the fantastic little CPX adaptor.:cheers:

Do not even think about the CSR as there is no comparison with the TX.
TX all the way - smooth - powerful - and solid. Combine this wheel with your clubsport pedals along with Jon`s CPX adaptor and you end up with a setup that will be envied by many.
And yes the brake pedal will vibrate along with a wider range of adjustment due to the fantastic little CPX adaptor.:cheers:
I really want to pick up some Clubsports sometime but just don't have the funds right now. I would love to have that combo.

If you're going to play on XBone with a TX, your only option is the Thrustmaster TH8A.

Damn....looks like I have to spend money
@Blkout..do the brake pedals vibrate with the CPX adapter??

Also what do you use for a shifter?? Do I need a seperate adapter to use my Fanatec Shifter??

I don't have Clubsport pedals with the tiny vibrator on the brake pedal. I have the CSR Elites. I'm pretty certain the vibrator works on the PC using Fanaleds software but not sure on the XBO since the CPX adapter basically just makes the Thrustmaster wheel think the Fanatec pedals are actually Thrustmaster pedals.

What is this Fanaleds software??

Also has Basherboards caught up with the orders??..I'm under the impression there is a backorder?

I looked at the TH8A and it looks pretty impressive. But Im afraid with my setup I will have to do some modding. Im using a Rennsport wheel stand made for the Fanatec. And the Thrustmaster wheel looks wider. And since I use a folding chair (its a nice folding chair) I dont have anything to attatch the shifter on. Does anyone make an adapter for my wheel stand to ocomidate the space for a shifter??

Sorry for all the questions. I have googled but hard to find something. Im just trying to see how much this whole thing is going to set me back

I agree with what others have said. The TX is an excellent wheel. FFB is very strong and very smooth. I wouldn't go back to my CSR Elite now. But only buy it if you can use a different set of pedals. A friend made me a board so I could use my CSP's but if you can get hold of a set of T500 pedals then they are very good as well. Not as good as the CSP's but much better than the standard TX pedals.

I have a CSR and CSPv1. I bought the TX and used T500RS pedal.
TX is much better, especially the FFB on the center of wheel.

Regarding pedals, both are good, I confess that I really liked the T500RS pedal with the brake mod.
I do not have the CPX adapter unfortunately is no longer sent to Brazil for now ...
TH8RS works fine on pc, but using a usb / din, the same adapter is not recognized by TX, dont work on xbone too.

Thanks for all the input guys. Looks like Im going to go ahead and "stand in line" for the CPX adapter and give them a deposit. Ill be coming into a little money in about a month so I will get the Thrustmaster TX. A big concern is how to mount the TH8R to my wheel stand...Might take some doing...

Back