Do some cars have too much rear grip?

• Thread starter reaperman
  • 2 comments
Reaper7411
There are all kinds of threads about MRs maybe not having enough grip in back (and I certainly agree that some MR's seem off), so maybe the opposite is true, and some cars have too much going for the rear end.

I really like the s2000 LM race car. It's my most used car, and I've used it with RH, SS, and SH tires. Even with SH tires, I've been very successful. However, numerous times during these races, I've been perhaps 'a little too amazed' at how well its handled in relation to rear grip.

Granted this is a racing model with a giant wing and a fancy diff, but even on street tires, can I really put that much power down all at once without assists? I can only remember spinning it once--but it feels like I've earned so many more mishaps than that.

Anyhow, it's a cheap car for what it is, give it a shot, and has anybody noticed any other cars which are perhaps not biting their drivers as hard as their real life counterparts do?

Last edited:
The S2000 has always been a great car in GT games, I drove the wheels on them in GT4 :)

I had that S2000 race car out on Bathhurst last night with SH tires and it felt great.

I have always though that the S2000s feel like they have a grade better tire than what they are actually running at any given time, combine that with the downforce of the race car version and you have one great driving little car.

Back