Do Specific Tyre Types Even Make a Difference in Driving?

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto' started by Grandea GTR, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Grandea GTR

Grandea GTR

I have been wondering this. Does it actually affect handling, or is it just a placebo effect going on in our heads? I recently was in a lobby where they were discussing this topic, saying that Off Road Tyres improve off road capabilities on cars. Not sure.

2. Snorevette

Snorevette

IIRC off-road tyres are slightly, SLIGHTLY better than other types of tyres both on and off-road, but the difference is pretty much negligible.

3. Grandea GTR

Grandea GTR

So a smidge, like, 1%?

4. Snorevette

Snorevette

So, as it turns out, I'm wrong and that off-road tyres are indeed better at going off-road (or at least over uneven surfaces) than anything else - but not in terms of grip.

I might go put off-road tyres on all of my racing cars at some point, and it's also tempting to check if my Akuma functions better with some of the different bike wheels (since I think there's one type that has ridiculously thick tyres and it would be nice to go over curbs without jumping 30ft into the air whilst racing)

DK and niky like this.
  5. edrake

edrake

Well, I was going to say that tyre profile and helps provide stability over corners and "flat surfaces" to "uneven surfaces". As we can see; High-End, Sports, and SUV wheels all have low profile (thin) tyre setup meaning that the best grip over flat and smoothe surfaces and even roads, Muscle, Tuner, and Lowrider have a more middle ground/prolific setup meaning they can tackle both head on a little more towards the road but can handle a little curbing and dirt as they can help (trust me), and lastly, the Off-Road wheels are the highest in profile as well as width and effectiveness in both scenarios (def. more towards off-road) as the cushion like effect helps with uneven surfaces, unpredictable and unreliable weather. My advice - fit as you feel necessary for your cars and comfort, personally I most go with Muscle and Tuner, rarely touching any of the others as they all have their unique touch on any car.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  6. JR98

JR98 Premium

I noticed that on big SUV's (My Dubsta 6X6 as an example) tend to slide better with off roads. May just be the turbo and stuff but I don't know,