Do the Ferrari Daytona (365 GTB) have gearbox issues for drifters?

Brazil
Porto Alegre
LazyLiquid
I used to have a lot of fun with this car on Gran Turismo 6. But i am afraid of buy it without know if this car have gearbox issues as some other cool cars that have their power killed in some shifting and most of times can´t be solved by tunning.

If someone bough it already and tested it, can point if it worth to buy?

YZbsECv.jpg

I used to have a lot of fun with this car on Gran Turismo 6. But i am afraid of buy it without know if this car have gearbox issues as some other cool cars that have their power killed in some shifting and most of times can´t be solved by tunning.

If someone bough it already and tested it, can point if it worth to buy?

YZbsECv.jpg
what you're talking about is not an issue, it's by design. It happens when the custom gearbox is set to manual instead of the usual dog clutch.
That being said I have no idea if this one will be like that, how much is it worth btw?

The Daytona is 1,000,000 CR.

And yeah, he's right. If you set it to a full-racing transmission, as opposed to the stock manual, it automatically upgrades everything associated with the transmission, so clutch, flywheel, etc.

Ok. I bough myself and hopefully it stills an amazing car in every way. The only weird thing related to this car is that you can´t touch the height of it.

And for the guys above that says that custom transmission heals every car with shifting issues (M3, Corvette C2, Ferrari 250 GTO and some other cars), at least in my experience, every effort to fix it wasn´t sucessfull.

Ill not dare anyone to make a video proving his point, but im not the only people with that complain.

Ok. I bough myself and hopefully it stills an amazing car in every way. The only weird thing related to this car is that you can´t touch the height of it.

And for the guys above that says that custom transmission heals every car with shifting issues (M3, Corvette C2, Ferrari 250 GTO and some other cars), at least in my experience, every effort to fix it wasn´t sucessfull.

Ill not dare anyone to make a video proving his point, but im not the only people with that complain.
I told you it's not an issue, it's by design, but I didn't deny the existence of a difference. Other cars include the Firebird, Turn 14 BRZ..

Ill explain it again, make sure you understand what you read. On these few cars, the customizable transmission stays full manual, meaning people with a clutch pedal can still use it with the custom ratios, and people who don't have a clutch pedal still have to wait for the game simulating the upshift pretty slowly. The vast majority of cars are given a dog clutch transmission when installing the customizable gearbox, meaning the clutch can't be used on it and upshifts will be very quick compared to most stock manual transmissions.
I think it's cool that some cars stay full manual with custom ratios, if I had a clutch pedal I would probably use the M3 all the time, but it would be better if we always had the choice between dogclutch and full manual.
7349944969824600576_0.jpg

I told you it's not an issue, it's by design, but I didn't deny the existence of a difference. Other cars include the Firebird, Turn 14 BRZ..

Ill explain it again, make sure you understand what you read. On these few cars, the customizable transmission stays full manual, meaning people with a clutch pedal can still use it with the custom ratios, and people who don't have a clutch pedal still have to wait for the game simulating the upshift pretty slowly. The vast majority of cars are given a dog clutch transmission when installing the customizable gearbox, meaning the clutch can't be used on it and upshifts will be very quick compared to most stock manual transmissions.
I think it's cool that some cars stay full manual with custom ratios, if I had a clutch pedal I would probably use the M3 all the time, but it would be better if we always had the choice between dogclutch and full manual.
7349944969824600576_0.jpg

A mfking bad decision by design, you mean. It doesn´t even have a mean or patern to defend that some cars had to be like that, since some modern cars suffers of it, and some old cars dont.

I don´t give a damn if it works for wheels with clutch pedals. Im playing on controller and if it doesn´t works on controller, its screwed and useless.

A mfking bad decision by design, you mean. It doesn´t even have a mean or patern to defend that some cars had to be like that, since some modern cars suffers of it, and some old cars dont.

I don´t give a damn if it works for wheels with clutch pedals. Im playing on controller and if it doesn´t works on controller, its screwed and useless.
alternatively you could realize that it's not all about you and your Dualshock lol.
The pattern is that they made a few cars enjoyable with a clutch pedal after tuning, for those who spent the money to play the game fully as intended. I see nothing wrong with that. Not like there's not 95% of all cars unaffected.

Lifting throttle when shifting these cars seemed to help.

But yeah the M3 gearbox is appaling

Back