Do upgrades change the sound of the car...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Coldon66
  • 5 comments
  • 1,759 views
Messages
100
Messages
bullyson666
I know the sound issue has been covered before, however I'd like some more up to date opinions on this as it's important to me.

I'm currently at level 30 and during the game I made a lot of upgrades to obviously beat some opponents (rather do it more quickly). I'm hoping though that doing all these upgrades doesn't come back to haunt me though, as maybe later when we have essentially competed the game we may want the cars as pure as possible when just doing practice stuff or whatever...

Just earlier I was running the stock BMW GTR '03 and it sounded pretty good, okay in fact for a Standard car, and this is where it hit me that making too many upgrades may possibly mess up the sound of the engine. Sound isn't one of GT5's strong points as we know - so I'd like to ask more seasoned and knowledgeable guys on here what thoughts they have on this. Is it only adding turbo that changes things radically or is it the exhaust also that can mess things up. What else is factored in?

One final thing - I know exhaust can de-installed, can the turbo upgrades also be removed. I'm just looking for opinions on this, so any would be great...
 
I think that the exhaust upgrades change the exhaust note. The gearbox upgrade might also change but I'm not sure.
 
If you equip the stock exhaust in the menu, the sound should return to original. Then you can enter an event and switch back to the performance exhaust. You should have the power from the performance exhaust, and the sound note from the stock one. 👍
 
Turbos and exhaust change the sound the most and can be removed. As far as I know, ECU and engine tuning has a very faint effect on the sound as well, at least at tiimes (due to altered redline and the like, I think).
ECU and engine tuning seem barely noticible, though and I might actually be worn g ong this :D
Engine tuning can't be removed, by the way.
 
If you equip the stock exhaust in the menu, the sound should return to original. Then you can enter an event and switch back to the performance exhaust. You should have the power from the performance exhaust, and the sound note from the stock one. 👍

Good idea, if it works. Thanks!!
 
Turbos and exhaust change the sound the most and can be removed. As far as I know, ECU and engine tuning has a very faint effect on the sound as well, at least at tiimes (due to altered redline and the like, I think).
ECU and engine tuning seem barely noticible, though and I might actually be worn g ong this :D
Engine tuning can't be removed, by the way.

Thanks for the info...
 
Back