Do we get 16 player races?

  • Thread starter Thread starter snoopybg
  • 16 comments
  • 1,366 views
Messages
543
Messages
snoopybgsf
Arcade mode has 12, practice 8 cars on the track. I'm 15lvl and I don't recall having a race with 16 cars on the track. Do these number increase with leveling. I'm sure KY promised 16 player races. Do we get them only online, coz that would suck.
I want to setup myself a 16 cars race but I can't.
 
I notice that and even on Lvl 20 is 12...and online is 16 weird
 
If you do the Grand Tour special event, the second event is a race on the Monza track with 16 Ferraris.

Edit: I'm level 11, and I just beat it, so they are definitely not unlocked at level 20 or something.
 
It still sucks you rarely see 16 cars on track.
 
Hey, twelve is already twice as many as in any previous GT game.
 
Why compare to previous GT games? The world is larger than GT. There are other games you know.
 
shame you cant get 48(think this is what Lemans max grid is) for the 24Hr Lemans
 
12, even 16 is a joke. This PS3 is supposed to be a monster computer. 8 years ago I was playing NASCAR racing online with 43 REAL players on a 10 yo computer. So Playstation isn't able to support 43 live players at once?!?
 
Why compare to previous GT games? The world is larger than GT. There are other games you know.
Hey, I'm just saying - be thankful for what you get. Polyphony could have easily kep the number of cars on the track at six.
 
Hey, I'm just saying - be thankful for what you get. Polyphony could have easily kep the number of cars on the track at six.

But they didnt. So why wouldnt they use what they have made is the point. :dunce:
 
So why wouldnt they use what they have made is the point. :dunce:
I don't work for Polyphony, but even I know that they clearly had their reasons. No doubt it has something to do with the server being able to handle more cars than the PS3 or something.

And for future reference, replying to a moderator's post with the dunce emoticon is a very bad idea.
 
12, even 16 is a joke. This PS3 is supposed to be a monster computer. 8 years ago I was playing NASCAR racing online with 43 REAL players on a 10 yo computer. So Playstation isn't able to support 43 live players at once?!?

You do understand it's still 4 year old hardware right? Contemporary PC CPU and GPU are light years ahead of PS3/Xbox hardware.

And Nascar racing on a 10 year old computer, that game must be like 15 years old.

I think Polyphony still did a good job cranking all the stuff they could into it while trying to maintain the smoothest frame rate.
 
12, even 16 is a joke. This PS3 is supposed to be a monster computer. 8 years ago I was playing NASCAR racing online with 43 REAL players on a 10 yo computer. So Playstation isn't able to support 43 live players at once?!?

Um you do realize that any online race can be set to 16 playes with another 16 watching for a total of 32 right? Online is more technicly challeging then single player so the PS3 is far from a weak system. Further more PS3 supports more players and online players per game then any console. I play MAG regularly, thats 256 players at once on 1 map! PC games arent even doing that, most battlefield PC had was 64 players. Why dont you write microsoft and ask them why there console cant support more then 32 players and stop bashing PS3. Also GT5 is the ONLY console racer doing 16 players.
 
Think its 16 cars when u play "Extreme". When you play the S-licens, there are 16 cars in some licens. In beginner, its only 8 cars.
 
Is there any way you can get 16 cars in arcade mode? I would really like to have a decent sized Nascar battle with 16 cars on track but I can't find any way to do it..
 
You do understand it's still 4 year old hardware right? Contemporary PC CPU and GPU are light years ahead of PS3/Xbox hardware.

And Nascar racing on a 10 year old computer, that game must be like 15 years old.
Yeah, thats kinda my point. It was NASCAR98.
 
Um you do realize that any online race can be set to 16 playes with another 16 watching for a total of 32 right? Online is more technicly challeging then single player so the PS3 is far from a weak system. Further more PS3 supports more players and online players per game then any console.
So your argument is there are actually 32 players on a single race, BUT only 16 still race?? Maybe the other 16 can be spotters......:rolleyes:I personally think its there servers. Oh and last time I checked the PS3 had a hard drive in it.
 
Back