Do we think we'll start off with a lot of credits regardless of what edtn. we buy?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
hejustsitsthere
Sorry for the wordy headline, but if I buy the standard version of the game, do you think we'll still start off with enough money to put us in 180mph+ machinery straight away? I'm hoping to start in something like a standard GT86 and work my way up from there, but if I have a left over 200,000Cr. it won't really work. What do you guys think, and what would your preferences be?

In short, as an avid fan of the series it feels like a no-brainer to get the Collectors Edition, but I don't want all that money to start with.

They will give you 3 cars to start you off with and will probably give you around 5,000 or 10,000 Cr just to get you going

They will give you 3 cars to start you off with and will probably give you around 5,000 or 10,000 Cr just to get you going

I hope so. One of the things that messed up GT6 for me slightly was having all the high spec collectors edition blue race cars, which I had to put in storage and forget about if I wanted the game to be interesting.

I feel the same way man. I kinda like the progressive grind. Yeah I've been playing GT games since a kid and at this point know how to handle an LMP1 or Supercar pretty well. But I like to feel like I earned it. Starting off buying an everyday driver and progressively working my way up to the fastest cars in the game. Yeah that makes me feel accomplished. Call it a personal triumph. Hopefully there's something else I can spend the credits on besides cars so then I'll be to start from scratch lol.

I feel the same way man. I kinda like the progressive grind. Yeah I've been playing GT games since a kid and at this point know how to handle an LMP1 or Supercar pretty well. But I like to feel like I earned it. Starting off buying an everyday driver and progressively working my way up to the fastest cars in the game. Yeah that makes me feel accomplished. Call it a personal triumph. Hopefully there's something else I can spend the credits on besides cars so then I'll be to start from scratch lol.

You make a good point there: although we're both GT veterans and have driven all kinds of cars in the game, the best way to learn anything new is to start from step 1, and with the physics adjustments that have been made, I think I'd like to familiarize myself with them by spending time in a Mazda MX-5 or Renault Clio before working my way up.

The campaign provides you with cars for every "event" so there's no need to purchase a cheap car, meaning there's probably no reason to start off with any currency. Would they make us buy cars for Arcade Mode?

You make a good point there: although we're both GT veterans and have driven all kinds of cars in the game, the best way for me to learn anything new is to start from step 1, and with the physics adjustments that have been made, I think I'd like to familiarize myself with them by spending time in a Mazda MX-5 or Renault Clio before working my way up.
FTFY. I don't need to start in a Miata or Honda Fit in any game that is emulating real world physics. I have more than enough sim experience to be able to jump into any car at will and go quickly. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

FTFY. I don't need to start in a Miata or Honda Fit in any game that is emulating real world physics. I have more than enough sim experience to be able to jump into any car at will and go quickly. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Are you always like that? :odd: Thanks for 'fixing that for me'...

Back