Do you always upgrade the car to the top of a given class?

HyperSpeeder

(Banned)
Brazil
Brazil
Forza in general is so diverse I can't figure out which way I want to play the game. Some cars feel better stock, others need upgrades simply to be drivable. And others are more fun when you disregard the PI value.

Since I'm a detractor of Forza aero and wish for it to be eradicated from the franchise unless we get some cool wings (Gurney flaps for old cars are a start but even those don't always look great), I don't like running aero upgrades, and some cars can't make it to the top of a class without aero (Caterham for example).

On the other hand, my OCD dictates that I must not leave the car a touch above a class (701, 801 for example), which screws me when doing certain builds. The Ferrari 365 for example, running it with Vintage Racing tires prevents you from putting adjustable parts in B class and doesn't give it enough handling to reach A800 without engine swap and aero. And I find this greatly disappointing.

The prewar cars look bad with modern tires as well and Vintage tires give them odd PI numbers, which makes them a pain to build.

tl;dr What do you do with your cars? :D

I never keep the cars I frequently use as stock. If I feel I'll be using the car a lot, or even want to just have it ready, I'll max it out in a class of my choosing(which is usually only C or A) and tune it. Out of all my A class cars, none use the aero and they seem to get by just fine, to be honest.

There's also cars that I will just completely max out for the hell of it, because I think it would be fun. My Transit(not the recent DLC), for example, has something like 1400hp and weighs in somewhere around 3500lbs and it's a blast to drive. Same thing with my Willys.

I've found that the more a car is upgraded beyond its native class, the more likely the game will fill the field with the default starter cars that seem to completely ignore all physics limitations.

So unless I'm going for something completely silly or the car is massively lacking in a given area, I usually don't push it beyond the class it starts in and try to avoid min-maxing just to hit the top of that class. The closer to stock I can keep it, the more interesting it tends to be for me.

I've got no problem with the Forza aero being in the game, but it does annoy me that the Forza aero is virtually always superior to any other wing or splitter options available. On the McLaren Senna, the Forza aero is even statistically rated higher than the gigantic, dynamic stock wing on it, which is absurd.

I don't tend to make my own tunes, but you better believe that every freaking high-rated user tune you can download also comes with the Forza aero 95% of the time - especially tunes from people like Don Joewon Song.

I've followed Grandma Driving and PurpleGuy123 as tuners in the game, specifically because they always make tunes that use the standard aero parts, but are still competitive.

I'd rather upgrade a car to its maximum potential instead, regardless of what class it could end up in.

I usually try out the car first, if it feels slow then I upgrade it to the max PI in its default class.

It's the biggest aspect of what leaves me cold about H4. H2 had it set brilliantly, where you could field any car stock and get a field with similar potential. Now it just seems to be about maxing cars out, removing any sense of individuality the cars started with.

VXR
It's the biggest aspect of what leaves me cold about H4. H2 had it set brilliantly, where you could field any car stock and get a field with similar potential. Now it just seems to be about maxing cars out, removing any sense of individuality the cars started with.
Nothing has changed.

If anything it's changed for the better with Blueprint. Really the only time there is anything resembling a requirement to upgrade your car is if you're using the slowest car in a given category. That's biggest gripe with the way Blueprint is set up, if you want as diverse of a field as possible you need to have your PI be at least that of the most powerful car in that category. Hopefully they eventually implement an option to set a PI range so you will have some cars with a little higher PI than you in the field.

As for the thread topic, I tend to leave my cars as close to stock as possible with the exception of ones I'm using for seasonal championships or when the scenario I talked about above happens.

VXR
Nothing really changed from FH2 on that front though. If you bring a stock car the AI still bring cars with similar PI.

I usually upgrade my cars from one or two levels above it's current level, but never at max.

And nothing has changed from FH2. The AI still resemble their PI level similar to yours even at stock.

I pretty much never upgrade my cars unless required for some specific reason. Driving cars stock is what I enjoy the most although it doesn't necessarily guarantee the best driving experience, objectively speaking. The imperfection is often the charm.

In some odd cases I might lower suspension height and change cosmetic parts to taste. The Ferrari 288 GTO even inspired me to go a little beyond. Increasing front track width and stock rim size by one step really helped capturing its beauty much better. Wish we could adjust track width in FM7 as well.

I typically like to upgrade my cars to the top of their starting class. Sometimes I will go up one class, but rarely more then that unless I just want to do something stupid with it.

I typically like to upgrade my cars to the top of their starting class. Sometimes I will go up one class, but rarely more then that unless I just want to do something stupid with it.

Same, except for the REALLY low PI cars (ie. I might upgrade a D class car to A class), since the game unfortunately renders anything below A-class irrelevant for multiplayer. You'll even get what I imagine are virtual dirty looks if you bring a D-class car to a Forzathon Live.

I almost always drive 100% stock cars, unless I'm drifting or taking part in Forzathon Live.

I don’t put v12 or v12 racing swaps in cars but I do fully upgrade some or keep some with like 500hp or around 700hp maybe a v8 swap or two for some. Most cars I use also have AWD swaps.

I much prefer to drive my cars stock but every now and then I build a car to multiple specs for example; A class road, rally, drift and “Forzathon” which essentially is maxed out. With that I can race it modified, compete in a forzathon event (if there are enough people) or just change to stock.

I must say they when tuning for efficiency, I hate using forza wings or instantly swapping but for the sake of pure performance... other than that I rarely make realistic spec wise tunes which I probably should. Don’t play Forza too often recently but that’s what I mainly did

I much prefer to drive my cars stock but every now and then I build a car to multiple specs for example; A class road, rally, drift and “Forzathon” which essentially is maxed out. With that I can race it modified, compete in a forzathon event (if there are enough people) or just change to stock.

I must say they when tuning for efficiency, I hate using forza wings or instantly swapping but for the sake of pure performance... other than that I rarely make realistic spec wise tunes which I probably should. Don’t play Forza too often recently but that’s what I mainly did

I find that Hoonigan RS200 they gave away a few weeks ago is pretty much the perfect, and only, car you really need for Forzathons. Can be tuned to be extremely fast, yet is also great on dirt. Seems to be the car of choice for a lot of people I've come across during them.

I prefer to keep my cars stock. If there's a Forzathon which requires a specific car to achieve a specified feat, I'll tune it up, but revert back to default set-up after I'm done.

I find that Hoonigan RS200 they gave away a few weeks ago is pretty much the perfect, and only, car you really need for Forzathons. Can be tuned to be extremely fast, yet is also great on dirt. Seems to be the car of choice for a lot of people I've come across during them.

Yeah pretty much anything can do a good enough job luckily haha. I just love having a little variety to the Forzathons not that many people go to them much anymore

Yeah pretty much anything can do a good enough job luckily haha. I just love having a little variety to the Forzathons not that many people go to them much anymore

Really? I actually find them pretty well attended still, depending on the time of day, and how many days it's been since the season change.

I had the most problems with attendance early on when the game first came out, because it did such a bad job of consistently filling out servers to something approaching capacity. Now you're routinely in servers with 50+ people.

Really? I actually find them pretty well attended still, depending on the time of day, and how many days it's been since the season change.

I had the most problems with attendance early on when the game first came out, because it did such a bad job of consistently filling out servers to something approaching capacity. Now you're routinely in servers with 50+ people.

It’s probably my games I’m placed into, most are around 10 ish people... recently it’s been no game at all for some reason. No clue why but oh well. I do enjoy Forzathons though

It’s probably my games I’m placed into, most are around 10 ish people... recently it’s been no game at all for some reason. No clue why but oh well. I do enjoy Forzathons though

Maybe because of where in the world you are? I'm in eastern Canada, and yeah, attendance isn't an issue for the most part.

If I'm in a bad server, I might also go to the pink circle early, and try "Find New Horizon Session" a couple of times to see if I get a server with more people.

I enjoyed reading the opinions.

I think most cars are perfectly fine stock, but there's stuff that's impossible to use stock, like the really slow cars or the diesel offroaders. My biggest gripe with upgrading is that, for the sake of realism, any car with an engine conversion (aspiration or swap) has its engine lid sealed shut in ForzaVista. It's a stupid thing, I know, but it drives me crazy to learn that my car can still open the trunk but not the hood anymore. This poses a problem when the original engine is just plain bad for racing.

I have only had 2 in recent memory where there was low attendance. One there was actually only myself and the other myself plus one. the others have been very well populated and we usually finish with lots of time left.

I have a handful of cars for specific jobs — an 1100hp Speed 12 for speed traps, a 900hp, Viper-engined Rally Fighter for any off-road speed zones or trailblazing — but most of my garage is stock or near-stock. Entering single player races tends to match the AI to your car's performance, so I don't mind. It only becomes an issue with multiplayer, really.

One thing I try to avoid in most cases, alongside the Forza aero, is racing tires. Since Horizon is already grippier than Motorsport, I only really bump up the grip if it's a sort of restomod build. I've got a '73 Skyline with an E46 engine on slightly improved rubber, so it still has some personality in the slower stuff.

I have some cars upgraded for fun, but not always at the top of a class. Sometimes I'm just upgrading a car to replicate a real life car or something.
Most of the time, I prefer driving my cars stock as I'm primarily a single player person. I just do blueprint events with cars usually for fun as I can create my own events.

Back