Do you analyze video of your races to help tune your cars?

United States
United States
I watched the replay video of a race I just completed and noticed that the body of the car was rolling pretty heavily from side to side in the turns and pitching forward a good bit during braking. These are things I couldn’t really sense from behind the wheel (It’s sometimes hard to separate a poor setup from poor driving. LOL) In the garage I noticed I hadn’t installed an adjustable suspension in that particular car, so I put one in. The default for the new suspension raised the roll bar stiffness from 1 to 4, front and rear. I didn’t change any settings. I took the car out for another spin and the video showed the car was much more stable. Not perfect, but MUCH better. The car handled better too, from a driving standpoint.

Analyzing video for car behavior, not just my driving, is something I hadn’t considered, but it’s a new tool in my tuning toolbox. The attention to detail in this game never ceases to amaze me.

Do you use replays to help with your setups? What have you learned from it? What are the things you look for?

Yes I do look at video of my cars post tune,mainly to see how the suspension is working under race conditions.Also I look at how they corner so I can adjust the LSD settings. I try to include a short vid(1 or 2)laps to showcase the tune under race conditions.

Latest Posts

Back