Do you enjoy washing your car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CyberDragon
  • 39 comments
  • 2,636 views
I love cleaning my truck. Today I did a really good job on the interior. I took the seats out and gave it a good vacuum then armor all'd everything. Tomorrow I'm taking her to the car wash.
 
I love to wash my car in wintertime (in underground parking for sure)
It's cold but feel so good when I see all the salt off my car

I hate doing it in summer, because those tiny dead bodies are freaking disgusting
as well as those brake dust on the alloy ...

Accidental Bumping of an old thread.

I'm the opposite, probably because I live in a house and I don't like the cold (not living in Ontario does to to you). I just use the detergent, undiluted, on the bugs and a toothbrush on the wheels. I don't like using my big brush to clean the wheels.
 
Hell yes, once a week or two when it's hot and sunny outside, from may to october. I hate seeing my car dirty, even more because it's black but when it's waxed and cleaned. :drool:

Now can that snow melt I want to see my car black again instead of dirty beige...
 
Yes. I appreciate it and it's details a lot more after washing it and thus seeing every part of its exterior. The car does not looks the same to you after you wash it, and you become sort of attached to it. You also see the scratches it has which makes you aware of them and thus able to figure out a way to fix them or just live with them
 
No, I don't like it, it's just another chore. I have to admit, though, that that little white hatchback just glows when it's been freshly washed.
 
Yes, unless the weather is really cold, in which case I don't bother. Usually I spend a good 2-3 hours cleaning the exterior if i'm not waxing it afterwards and about 1 1/2 - 2 hours on the interior (only done every month or so). :)
 
I love washing my cars... I find it theraputic.

The Porsche only ever gets washed by hand, the Mondeo might occassionally go through a car wash if it's filthy and I need to clean it for a business trip.

In the summer, I'll hand wash them both on a Sunday afternoon pretty much weekly... in the winter the frequency might drop to once every 2 or 3 weeks depending on the weather.
 
Cant stand the chore but love the result. Usually I pay for a full wash wax detail once a month or so and do a quick power wash rinse from week to week to avoid build up. Occassionally I do it all for myself but that takes so much of my time its often cheaper to just pay for it.
 
Cant stand the chore but love the result.

Exactly.

I wash mine weekly regardless of how cold/hot it is outside. I really don't like doing it, but the end result is totally worth it. I also hate cleaning my wheels, mesh wheels suck when it comes to keeping them clean.
 
I really do love washing my car, since it is small, black and easy to clean.

However I never have spare time do so, which is why it is always dirty and sometimes muddy.
 
Back