Do you ever really need to setup your car for the main game?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mekonrider
  • 6 comments
  • 572 views
Messages
435
United Kingdom
York/UK
Messages
mekonrider
I have about 15-30 mins a day to give to GT5 so I'm SLOWLY working through it (family life!!). If I'm lucky on a Sunday I may get an hour!!

I'm now on the expert races and so far I've not come across anything that either a bit of engine tuning of stickier tyres won't sort out. I've never changed my suspension on anything I've got. Ok, I tried the top gear lotus challenge and will probably do the RA menu thing as it seemed like it really would benefit from a some messing about.

Are there any races to come in the main game that really require some messing about with camber and stuff?
 
Not at all. Many say the hardest is the FGT championship, but i did it all gold with a DS3 and auto transmission without changing a thing apart from gears. Rest you never need to change. Only time you'd need to is if you're time trialing for seasonal events.
 
I tune most cars. If I buy suspsension I will lower the car before i race it. Like my individual cars to react in specific ways. Sorry posting from phone.
 
Check out my Tuning Guide for the Non-Tuner over in the tuning threads. I believe that you can slap on a basic tune to most cars, add an LSD and get the annoying push out of all of the cars in GT5. You can slap on my quick tune, including LSD and go play or you can choose to go deeper into the thread and see the conversation about fine tuning with the LSD.
 
i have a basic setups i use with similar cars if i don't like how it runs the first time. I don't have a family but still only have maybe a couple hours a week to play so try to spend as much of my time in actual races and not BSing around with setups and tests/challenges. If i really want a radically different tune i'll look for something on here.
 
Historic Car Cup, Nascar and Formula GT in B-Spec require special setup
 
i didn't have to set a car up untill i got to the nascar events, you'll need to when you are running an oval and a cuircut in the same championship, if nothing else to alter the transmission ratio so the car doesn't top out before the end of a straight
likewise shortining the gears was essential for me to win monaco in the 66 jag (historical) as it made it much quicker going up and down the box, making it brake later and get out and gone from the corners before the other faster cars
 
Back