Do you like the new manual with clutch controls?

• Thread starter ctdc67
  • 3 comments
United States
United States
I like it if it is set up to mimic the irl basic shift times. I like simulation physics so I should buy a good computer and play games like iracing. If I had the time and drive that is what I would do.

I like it if it is set up to mimic the irl basic shift times. I like simulation physics so I should buy a good computer and play games like iracing. If I had the time and drive that is what I would do.
Even with it turned on you can still change gear without pressing the clutch pedal/button.

I read somewhere that if you have a race transmission installed you get faster shift times using manual with clutch option without actually pressing the clutch.

Probably another bug.

Absolutely not. I don't like it. It adds a fake amount of time to every shift no matter how you press the clutch and shift. There's nothing realistic about it. My h-shifter is basically useless and I just went back to using paddles for everything which is a shame.

Even with it turned on you can still change gear without pressing the clutch pedal/button.

I read somewhere that if you have a race transmission installed you get faster shift times using manual with clutch option without actually pressing the clutch.

Probably another bug.

To be completely fair, IRL race transmissions require no clutch except for starting and stopping, more or less like a motorcycle. A lift on upshift and a blip on downshift, and some varieties don't even need that.

Last edited:
Back