Do you still appreciate the quality of prologue?

Messages
1,156
I have played prologue since April but during July/August I took a break and started playing again on my 360 on games such as Forza 2. One of the main reasons for taking a break is because I didn't want to become bored by the time the update arrived. Now im back on Prologue and I was astonished just how good this game actually is. I had forgotten just how smooth this game runs and how incredible the physics engine actually is. I would actually say now I have returned to prologue it makes Forza 2 seem like an arcade racer.

So my question is do you still appreciate just how good this game is or do you now take it for granted?
 
I still appreciate it for sure.

I tend to alternate between GT5:P and GT4 at the moment, because I've been doing online events and official GTP events on Prologue and race events and photomode on GT4, so it's nice to compare the two. GT5:P is still frustrating for me sometimes, in particular the recent GTP_ race has highlighted how annoying it is struggling to hear your car when you're in a pack, and how disconcerting it is not having rumble feedback in the controller after playing GT4 and feeling curbs and wheelspin vibrating the controller.

But I'm always, always impressed by the smoothness, realistic handling and great graphical detail every time I go back on Prologue. It's certainly still keeping my anticipation for the update and eventual full game high.

Conversely though, GT5:P keeps up my appreciation for GT4 too, for it still being an impressive game, having hundreds of cars and a load of great circuits 👍
 
I wish I still had GT4. I would love it if you could download this from the store.

The only thing im struggling with at the moment is the controller. I seem to have lost my smoothness using this and tend to be oversteering on every bend. Im sure I will get used to this but im beginning to think I need a wheel which hopefully I shall get at xmas.

During the summer I was moaning to my friends on how the update and full version of GT5 seem miles away. However now im back I couldn't careless because I realise the reason why PD take so long is because they produce sheer quality which no other developer can touch. The only reason im asking is because sometimes you can take something for granted withour realising its quality. For example when I got my 40" HDTV I was in awe of the TV and now 4months on I just take it for granted.

Im currently racing in the Elise111R tuned HSR event until I become used to the game again. Having said that I have some stunning races in this event and I don't know if its me but the races appear cleaner.
 
Maybe the casual players are getting bored of GT and moving on to other games, so the races are being left to the cleaner drivers. Here's hoping anyway!

I know what you mean about having to be smoother... it always takes me a while to get used to GT5P after GT4 because you have to be so much smoother... especially if you use sixaxis like I do. GT4 lets you get away with murder in comparison, and so do games like Forza2 from my experience with them.

On the plus side, my GT4 driving has improved from playing Prologue, I recently attempted some licence tests that I'd never got Gold on in the past and got Golds within a few attempts! GT5P makes you think about how the car reacts a lot more accurately and the skills seem backwards-compatible with the earlier game!
 
I get accustomed to its qualities and take them for granted. Until I try playing anything else, that is.
 
I agree,GT5P is an awesome driving simulator! the physics,the graphics,the handling... i think it´s nearly perfect... the only thing we miss now are lobbys,cars and tracks... GT5 will be so perfect i think!

I´ve played GT4 the last days but i miss the PP points there... you buy the fastest car and get always first... or you tune your car and get always first... in GT5P it´s so much better with the PP...
 
I still belive Prologue is like, the best thing ever, Every time i switch to in car view i realize how F*n amazing this game looks, every-time I take a turn in way to hott and go flying into the sand, I am grateful for the physics, Aswell as every-time my S2000 kicks out on me coming around the last corner on Suzuka (the real open one leading into the straight) Im happy its not an arcade...
 
I have played prologue since April but during July/August I took a break and started playing again on my 360 on games such as Forza 2. One of the main reasons for taking a break is because I didn't want to become bored by the time the update arrived. Now im back on Prologue and I was astonished just how good this game actually is. I had forgotten just how smooth this game runs and how incredible the physics engine actually is. I would actually say now I have returned to prologue it makes Forza 2 seem like an arcade racer.

So my question is do you still appreciate just how good this game is or do you now take it for granted?



I think it is taken for granted now, I know I was.

I had a real Nurburgring bug so I went back to PS2 and played Tourist Trophy and then GT4 mostly on Nurburgring (got reused to the visuals pretty quick), soon I got rehooked into GT4 and started buying cars and testing them like I used to do a lot. Sooner or later I got tired of doing that and when I went back to GT5P frankly I was astonished.
 
I still appreciate the quality for sure. It seems I am still very addicted to this game, more so than any other, well apart from maybe GT4. :)
 
NO.I still waiting for any update. been a long TIME! C'mon PD give us big update Let's take a look how big it is.
 
I still appreciate GT5: P. If i have the time i race 2-3 races online which still very entertaining. Found couple of good guys which are clean respectful racers and i'm having a good time.

Chris
 
Yes, I still deeply love this game. It's fantastic how different and accurate are cars. I have realised this on Fuji Z06/F430/05GT-R event.I'm still rotating between all three possible cars in this event and every car has its own personality, so much similar to real life! Z06 is pure muscle, you must really hold it firmly in your hands. F430 is a pile, wonderfully controllable and GT-R is so effective. And I can really feel it!
 
I appreciate it a lot more after purchasing Ferrari Challenge. I thought it looked OK in the promos and that having some different tracks to learn would help pass the time until GT5P was updated. Well, I found the graphics to be so bad in comparison that it was almost unplayable for me. Every turn on the first couple of tracks looked like the same and I found it very hard to actually figure out where I was, very disorienting.
 
i loved GT from the very beginning years ago, it's the best racing game, best visuals, best realism, the other racing games who try the same are just kiddy toys in my opinion.

and im very positive GT5 will set a new standard once again!
 
Yeah @darTTh audi after i played GT5P i can´t play any other racing game! GTR2,Rfactor... they look so bad and it´s no fun anymore... :(
 
I appreciate it a lot more after purchasing Ferrari Challenge. I thought it looked OK in the promos and that having some different tracks to learn would help pass the time until GT5P was updated. Well, I found the graphics to be so bad in comparison that it was almost unplayable for me. Every turn on the first couple of tracks looked like the same and I found it very hard to actually figure out where I was, very disorienting.

I completely agree with this. I too bought Ferrari Challenge. I knew that visually its wouldn't compare, but at the time i was yearning for some new tracks and a bit more variety.

However, when i came to play it, i found i dull, soul-less and it felt really sluggish in comparison. I even tried thinking 'hey, it's just an arcade racer so play it as such' but the AI is terrible, worse than Turismo. And trying to get a decent online game is impossible.

Even after the online patch was downloaded i still couldn't get on with it.

The best thing i ever did with it was part exchange it for a DF-GT. Now GT5:P seems better than ever.

Do i still appreciate it? Oh yes!! Sometimes all i can think about when i'm on my way home from work is firing up the PS3 and caning some online races for a bit. I may as well make GTPlanet my home page too the amount of time i spend on here!!

This game is the best i've played on PS3 so far. £20 for this 'demo'? I'd have happily paid double that. In fact i suppose i have as i downloaded the JP version about 10 months ago.

GT5:P, i salute you:sly:
 
i used to have an xbox with forza2. After trying GT5P, i would go to the frys 'store and play the demo since i didn't have a ps3. Now i got one and bought GT5P 2 months ago. Play it often to say the least. I bought the Ferrari Chalenge game but never pick it up cause it is nothing compared to gt5p. I am so excited about updates.,
 
Yes, I appreciate the quality, actually I miss it very much..
My PS3 (the bluray drive) died about a week ago. Annoying as h*ll. :ouch:
 
I still love the quality as ever when I first bought the game and had an impression on it. If only I could get my TV to 1080p then I'll really be addicted to it :D
 
Whenever I play a PS2 game it feels like its mushy and not decent; but when I play a PS3 game I do truly appreciate the 1080i graphics.
 
I just rented this on friday and from what I played it was quite enjoyable. I got through the C and B class and started A. Played for a couple hours online and it was quite enjoyable. Considering its only the prologue version of GTP5 I think the did a pretty good job with it especially online. I didnt like the 5 second penalty when someone hit me in the side but hopefully they will get the problems worked out in time. Its rare that I ever use the inside views but in GT5P felt very realistic. I also like how the online money could be used for the single player. The best part was how they only allowed new people to play in the beginner lobbies. The graphics do look really good. They have a few rough parts but its still basically an early demo. The physics still seem off to me and never have felt right in the GT series.
Hopefully by 2010 or 2011 they have all the bugs worked out for online and for the single player. I will have a PS3 by then for sure.
 
Last edited:
Back