Do you think cars with movable (pop-up) spoiler can produce downforce?

  • Thread starter Thread starter arseneH
  • 6 comments
  • 1,957 views
Messages
171
Messages
arseneh
Do you think cars with movable spoiler can actual produce downforce/baking effect in GT5?

You see, a number of cars (e.g. Enzo, LFA, SLR, SLS, etc) have movable spoiler which will pop-up when the car reach certain speed.

However, it seems this spoiler did not actual produce downforce, it does not affect the PP value too.

What do you think?
 
The Veyron can, as there is a noticeable difference as the wing retracts, but don't know about the others.
 
For me I think a car will only have downforce if there is an adjustment available. I could be wrong though.
 
For me I think a car will only have downforce if there is an adjustment available. I could be wrong though.

Yes, me too.

I can't feel LFA have downforce,

It doesn't seems SLS/SLR has additional braking force when the spoiler pop-up.
 
I don't feel there's much difference even after the spoiler pops up at a certain speed short of a few examples.
 
And there's no way to find this out because they can't be disabled so you can try it with it on and then off.
 
I've noticed that when jumping cars with an extended spoiler that they go into a nose-up attitude, which leads me to believe the spoiler is forcing the back of the car down.
 
Back