Do you think medium slick compounds..

• Thread starter fernandito
  • 16 comments

fernandito

(Banned)
Spain
Spain
..for all GT categories + medium and soft slick compounds for Track Day A cars (hard slicks available only) make for everything Project Cars 2 is missing in order to further realign itself as the blast it already is in the handling, physics and fun departments thanks to the catacteristics of Livetrack 3.0?

And also, what do you think about the last version of the wet slicks?, do you think they might sport too much grip perhaps?

..for all GT categories + medium and soft slick compounds for Track Day A cars (hard slicks available only) make for everything Project Cars 2 is missing in order to further realign itself as the blast it already is in the handling, physics and fun departments thanks to the catacteristics of Livetrack 3.0?

And also, what do you think about the last version of the wet slicks?, do you think they might sport too much grip perhaps?

Why?

This cars ain't race cars there track day special so Pirelli Slicks are fine for what this cars are.

In fact i use the pirelli trofeo r soft/hard 95% of the time with the p1 gtr

Because of the likes of the Vulcan and the Zonda. Those two on hard slicks can be an nightmare cold tarmack conditions, and the Trofeo softs are not the perfect tyres to keep them on the track too. With just a medium slick compound we could fix their driving in cold conditions.

Then you have exceptions in that class like the P1GTR and the recently added Fxx which you can take to the limit on those Pirelli hard slicks even on cold tarmac (who knows why these two only), but that doesn't mean that these cars, which are actually hypercars (the vulcan and the zonda too of course) modified for track racing/and on slicks shouldn't have softer slick compounds for racing properly on autum and winter conditions.

Because of the likes of the Vulcan and the Zonda. Those two on hard slicks can be an nightmare cold tarmack conditions, and the Trofeo softs are not the perfect tyres to keep them on the track too. With just a medium slick compound we could fix their driving in cold conditions.

Then you have exceptions in that class like the P1GTR and the recently added Fxx which you can take to the limit on those Pirelli hard slicks even on cold tarmac (who knows why these two only), but that doesn't mean that these cars, which are actually hypercars (the vulcan and the zonda too of course) modified for track racing/and on slicks shouldn't have softer slick compounds for racing properly on autum and winter conditions.
I see its a lets make everyone the same comment. :crazy:

Why stop there also give the vulcan and the zonda DRS and KRS and why stop there increase the max hp of the p1gtr, vulcan, zonda to 1035 so they can be on a even playing field to the fxxk.

Lets make every car perform the same cause you know just like real life.

I'm pretty sure IRL if you needed soft slicks for a track day and you had a car that already had hard slicks, you'd get to use softs. SMS's tire choices are arbitrary. I could go out today and bolt soft slicks onto a Fiat500 if I wanted to. SMS deciding which cars get which tires is an utterly artificial restriction. To equate changing tires to adding KERS and DRS shows how desperate Chikane is to keep his P1 on top.

And an optional BoP so that cars different in performance but in the same group could be raced without it being a tortoise and hare exercise would go a long way to making classes other than GT3/E/TC the most raced ones... The trick is, you don't add features on the slowest car to equate to the fastest that don't exist. You slow the fastest so it matches the slowest. I'm guessing that would not make Chikane happy, LOL

I see its a lets make everyone the same comment. :crazy:

Why stop there also give the vulcan and the zonda DRS and KRS and why stop there increase the max hp of the p1gtr, vulcan, zonda to 1035 so they can be on a even playing field to the fxxk.

Lets make every car perform the same cause you know just like real life.
I'd say you don't make much sense.

I'd say you don't make much sense.
And you make no sense in wanting every trackday car to perform the same.

What makes trackday cars A so special is the fact that each car is so different in performance.

What you need to do is learn each car and you'll get the best out of each one.

I'm pretty sure IRL if you needed soft slicks for a track day and you had a car that already had hard slicks, you'd get to use softs. SMS's tire choices are arbitrary. I could go out today and bolt soft slicks onto a Fiat500 if I wanted to. SMS deciding which cars get which tires is an utterly artificial restriction. To equate changing tires to adding KERS and DRS shows how desperate Chikane is to keep his P1 on top.

And an optional BoP so that cars different in performance but in the same group could be raced without it being a tortoise and hare exercise would go a long way to making classes other than GT3/E/TC the most raced ones... The trick is, you don't add features on the slowest car to equate to the fastest that don't exist. You slow the fastest so it matches the slowest. I'm guessing that would not make Chikane happy, LOL
Sorry but i disagree with you.

Trackday A cars don't need BoP cause there not race cars, in real life those cars are so different from each other in performance and that's how it should be in the game.

The zonda can easily out lap the fxxk around a track like monza if you know how to push it under any conditions.

lol at that line i didn't even know that the p1 was on top? :lol:

Double posted sorry :banghead:

Last edited:
And you make no sense in wanting every trackday car to perform the same.

What makes trackday cars A so special is the fact that each car is so different in performance.

What you need to do is learn each car and you'll get the best out of each one.
Look at this, those four Tack Day A cars under the nickname "FerSantander" (you have to filter):
http://touristenfahrten.nenio.info/#
http://touristenfahrten.nenio.info/# (laptime improved with the Revolucion in one session out of that server down to 7:53)

And same I'm at the top with all Road A cars except the P1, so you may tell me again to learn each of these cars.

You talked too soon because you weren't able to even realize I wasn't complaining or moaning about anything but to making a single simple suggestion about just adding more softer slick compounds to track day cars, and medium slicks to GT cars.

Even worse, you walked straight away into nonsense territory by saying that if all GT/Track Day A (hypercars on slicks most of them) then they would handle the same.

Nahh i'm done with you this quote pretty much describe your intentions

Then you have exceptions in that class like the P1GTR and the recently added Fxx which you can take to the limit on those Pirelli hard slicks even on cold tarmac (who knows why these two only)

I just hope sms doesn't ruin trackday A by adding unnecessary tire compounds or even worst that BoP system.

:crazy:

There's no bop for track day a cars given that from the beginning The GinettaG57plays on another league, and the P1gtr dominates fair and square over the rest of the pack. The only two cars that can be used on an even field are the Vulcan and The Pagani. The most recent addition, the fxxk, laughs at these two too on the same hard tyre slicks and even on very cold tarmac conditions.

So given the fact that you obviously don't even know what you're talking about, the direct #9 slap in your face, and with me still trying to figure out why you have decided to adopt such childish attitude since your first post, then all I have to do is to thank you for your participation, and that if you don't have anything constructive to post in this topic regardless how stupid the suggestion of more tyre compounds might look to your eyes then please quit posting in it.

Wow looks like someone is getting
256315.jpg
:lol:

Why not spent the time learning the cars on there pirelli slicks tires instead.

I can't comment on wet tires or Track DayDA cars because I haven't done enough testing. However, I would love to see mediums in classes where they exist. Often times, the hard and soft tire choice aren't about strategy but just the weather conditions itself. Mediums I think would change that.

There seems to be some confusion with Chikane about BoP... No, on a proper track day, you wouldn't be racing at all. But seeing as how this is a racing game, and seeing as how not only track day cars, but just about every Group except GT3/GTE etc. are wildly imbalanced as to lap times, it seems a shame to not have a BoP adjustment to the groups that need it to promote racing in those groups.

I'm afraid Chikane is just on the wrong side of the facts. EVERY car, race car and street car, behaves differently. But when they are brought to the track to race, that's when BoP is added. GT3 don't run the cars with no restrictions. Because they are racing! Maybe if Chikane's favorite (to the point of obsession!) car was a C7.R, would he still be arguing that we should all just let each car be what it can be (not what it is BoP's down to) and GT3 become a one make as everybody switches to the faster car?

I'm just glad most people involved in racing have the opposite opinion to Chikane's! Track days are fine and dandy, and great for obsessed tweakers to get a few laps in, but people who want to race understand that BoP is part of the game unless all you want to do is one make's...

I'm not sure that their intent with the trackday groups is to create a class of closely competitive cars though. Going back to the first game, it was not exactly sensible to expect any sort of BoP to make a Mustang GT lap on an even pace with a McLaren F1. In PC2 they've grouped them so they are a little more reasonably paced, but does that mean they really trying for an even racing group or a... well... set of cars at a track day? I know they can run actual races and don't get separated into classes but in those races I just assume I'm racing the same make as I'm driving and if possible beat the ones that are also close in pace to mine.

That doesn't mean some sort of optional BoP couldn't be added to help close things up(including for the trackdays), but it's a bit more important for the classes that absolutely should be racing competitively and aren't.

There's no point in groups at all unless balanced. If SMS can't BoP them all, then let hosts pick any cars they want as room choices, and we can take the ton of user testing and select cars we know put in similar lap times.

Be easy enough to have all cars listed with a tick box next to them, and host simply ticks off the cars he lets the other drivers choose from.

GT6 didn't use BoP. With 1400 cars, the players themselves knew what cars were competitive with each other (and the PP system worked fairly decently with a few well known exceptions). But with far fewer cars now, PD know they need to apply BoP to fully leverage the selection in GTS. Not just BoP GT3 racecars and the like.

There's a reason GT3/E and TC are the dominant group for online racing. It's not that they are everyone's favorite. It's because you can jump into just about any of them and stand a chance. That's more than you can say for most Groups.

Strange that arcadey GTS understand the reason for BoP across all groups, but SMS fail to grasp it.

Back