Do you think my ps3 is alright?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT-D34DLY310
  • 7 comments
  • 1,522 views
Messages
319
Messages
deadly310
Hey guys today i was playing GT5 and i saved the data before this happened. I pressed the eject button on my ps3 while GT5 was still running because i thought i quit the game to the xmb but i didn't. Do you guys think my ps3 is alright?
 
Haha, PS3 wont break down easy. It only gives a YLOD by itself.

But doing that one time wouldnt be bad. If you press eject it automaticly quits the game before ejecting.
 
Haha, PS3 wont break down easy. It only gives a YLOD by itself.

But doing that one time wouldnt be bad. If you press eject it automaticly quits the game before ejecting.

Thanks that gave me a sign of relief:)
 
Never panic till you see a yellow light on your PS3 lol. Even that can be fixed as well.
 
Games always seem to shut down properly after pressing this, so am I right in thinking that this is a perfectly harmless way of changing games?
 
I know people who shove their CD trays on their PCs back in after placing the disk on top. IMO that's WAY more destructive. If you lightly tap a CD tray it goes back in on its own, but I usually press the button because I care about my technology and want it to last. As for what you did, I don't think it's a huge issue at all. The motor went on my old big PS2 tray, which is why I preferred the slim pop-top model. But the PS3 newer version of cd eject has always worked well for me no matter if a game was on or not. The only thing I would check is where your game was last saved.

One thing I miss is playstation 1 (not sure if 2 had this) you could eject a game once a level was loaded and play a music cd in the background. Used to do this all the time.
 
Nope, Its always better to stop the game with your controller , thats much safer for it. It wouldnt be a problem if you dont do it much, but dont '' rape '' the PS3. Doing that all the time could cause problems faster I think. Quiting the game ''safe'' is there for a reason :D.
 
Back