Do you think that now we can assume that no Livery editor is availabe?

  • Thread starter Thread starter yossigab
  • 13 comments
  • 1,678 views
Messages
202
Messages
YossiGab , GTP_YossiGab
Both GT special editions (signature edition & collector's edition) have a 5 chrome-line cars available as a DLC.
If a Livery editor will be part of the GT5 then those chrome-lined-cars won't be so special since anyone could take the a car and put the double-chrome-line using the editor.

So I don't see the benefit of getting those cars as a DLC part of the special editions, therefore, I guess that a livery editor doesn't exists for GT5.

What do you think?
 
Or... we can assume there is a livery editor. But you can't add chrome.
 
Yeah that would be quite disapointing. There's still a chance there could be body it editor or track editor,which would be fantastic.
 
Or we can assume that the only point of these cars is so that the impatient types can get a leg up and feel special?

In fact, that's almost exactly how they're being lauded by Sony...
Livery editor or not, I don't think they're meant to be "exclusive". I've been wrong before, but we won't know for sure for a little while yet - two weeks at least, I imagine. ;)
 
Last edited:
Even if you could recreate the chrome-lined cars with a livery editor, you still wouldn't have the special edition car. I'm almost certain the name of the car will say "Chrome-lined" in it or something similar, and that's not possible to recreate. Not to mention the special edition cars have performance upgrades (right?).

I still think it's totally possible to see a livery editor.
 
Even if you could recreate the chrome-lined cars with a livery editor, you still wouldn't have the special edition car. I'm almost certain the name of the car will say "Chrome-lined" in it or something similar, and that's not possible to recreate. Not to mention the special edition cars have performance upgrades (right?).

I still think it's totally possible to see a livery editor.

Yeah, I think they are supposed to have "upgraded performance" - quite what this means remains to be seen. If it's just some bits from the tuning menu, then they're not really that special. If there's some improvement to the base tune, so that the maximum tune in the game is that little bit better, all around, then that is a bit specialer.

But, as you say, the distinct name obviously is the most important part.
 
As people have said, these cars will be not only have the special paint job, but also maybe an upgraded tune. Think of it like the special black cars you could get in GT4.

Ive still got my fingers crossed for that livery editor, or at the very least, racing modification.
 
Don't forget you got the same special bonus cars in Forza 3 despite its massive editor
 
Don't forget you got the same special bonus cars in Forza 3 despite its massive editor

This.

It's like getting the cars early. Instead of offering them in normal colours, you just get a slightly jazzed up version. They'll be available to everybody as DLC eventually anyway, so it's not like they are ultra exclusive and therefore un-recreateable.

Also, on the other end of the spectrum, the stealth cars have a blank spot to add a number. To me, that indicates that there will be at least a basic livery editor where you can add your own numbers etc. Previous GT cars like the Ford GT Spec II came with a number, so I'd say it's looking good for the feature to be included.
 
The DLC car doesn't rule out a livery editor (and chrome/ carbon fiber for that matter). Like the case with FM3, the preorder car is for those who are not savvy with livery. With that said, it also doesn't mean we'll get one in GT5 either. Just gonna have to wait, I guess.
 
Don't forget you got the same special bonus cars in Forza 3 despite its massive editor

This conversation is
rover.jpg
 
This conversation is
rover.jpg
Technically, it's not. Because in Forza, you weren't able to get the cars that were exclusive to the Limited Edition. Stuff like the Corvette ZR-1 or the Porsche GT3 RS and a few other were only available to those who bought the LE until they were being sold as DLC.

The cars that came with a custom paintjob are cars that were in the game anyways and were given to those who purchased the LE. And those cars were free. They didn't cost any ingame credits.

Personally, I just hope that we'll at least be able to change a cars general colour. Having to stick to the colour that the car comes with would suck. Especially if we can't choose from the factory options when winning a car.
 
Back