Do you think the trueno is a goood car to drift is so give me some good setttings cuz with the settings i have it does not slip an inch and i find that with a FR i can be good ..So can someone post some good settings to drift w/ the trueno...
U bet , it is an amazing Drift Car.. sorry bud.. no settings... I'm also in the same situation as you are... trying to find some settings on the 86 also..
I have one and i also have an audi S4. I have found, using the game pad buttons instead of sticks, that the s4 is actually easier to learn how to drift with. I started with the Trueno and just couldn't get her going were i wanted so i started playing with the S4. Granted its got the saftey net of AWD but with the vcd set to somthing like 20-25 on normal tires and stock suspension, it will with the proper use of braking and fainting, slide around and be very very easy to control. I will probably work on the trueno at some point after i get drifting down a bit better, but if you want a good begginners drift car, i would suggest any awd.
yah...since the trueno was my first car, i tried everything with that car. i learned all types of drifts with that car too. it's also VERY flexible when it comes to changing parts and tires around.
Am I the only one that thinks it's a horrible car to drift with?
I think it's too light, and therefore reacts too quickly to be able to pull off nice long controlled sideways drift.
IMO, this is one of the hardest cars to drift with. You really shouldn't start with the Trueno, particularly the S.S Version. The problem with the S.S is that no matter which route you take to tune it (full n/a or full turbo), the engine ends up with a really really short powerband. You're forced to constantly shift up and down during the drift with a short ratio gear box (which is a pain in the ass, hard, and irritating to deal with). If you choose to space out the gears more, you'll end up falling out of the power band very easily.
A Lancer Evo with around 400 hp is much easier to get started on.
what about the miata mx5 i have the 89 version (16900cr) and fully souped it slides so easly i dont drift so i wouldnt know if it was good but u guys should give it a go
Originally posted by uM_Jammer Am I the only one that thinks it's a horrible car to drift with?
I think it's too light, and therefore reacts too quickly to be able to pull off nice long controlled sideways drift.
IMO, this is one of the hardest cars to drift with. You really shouldn't start with the Trueno, particularly the S.S Version. The problem with the S.S is that no matter which route you take to tune it (full n/a or full turbo), the engine ends up with a really really short powerband. You're forced to constantly shift up and down during the drift with a short ratio gear box (which is a pain in the ass, hard, and irritating to deal with). If you choose to space out the gears more, you'll end up falling out of the power band very easily.
A Lancer Evo with around 400 hp is much easier to get started on.