Do you think there will be more updates to #Driveclub after the layoffs?

Canada
In his bedroom.
Just wondering... I'm starting to like this game a lot despite what I've said in the past. We didn't get any info from... is it Sony who take care of the game now?

Anyways. Is the game going to keep expanding or is it at the end of it's lifetime? Am I too late?

Just wondering... I'm starting to like this game a lot despite what I've said in the past. We didn't get any info from... is it Sony who take care of the game now?

Anyways. Is the game going to keep expanding or is it at the end of it's lifetime? Am I too late?
As of now, still nothing is known about whether or not Sony will continue the work the Evolution probably still had on the table (other town tracks, cars etc.) As the Sony team now in charge of DC has been totally silent, things probably aren't looking good in that respect.

As for being too late - well, the season pass still offers a lot for you to do and plenty more cars to play with, so it's never truly over. Online though might well be limping a bit - but in truth, I hardly ever go there anyway.

Yeah. And knowing Sony don't really talk to their fans if at all from what I recall, other than announcements...

Of course that's how I recall. I might be wrong though.

No. Assuming that Evo was shut down due to not turning in a profit from the large amount of content they continued to deliver, it doesn't make any sense to continue to support the product with more content from another team.

Of course you are late, the best period of the game was from last summer to end of year, a lot of people on the servers, many events and other stuff. Now Evolution studios is gone and game passed to Sony, I believe this is the beginning of the end.

In terms of content? No.

In terms of keeping servers stable and sorting bugs? Probably.

Still mad on Sony obout this only and best racing game on PS and i dont see that changed very soon BOOO SONY!!!

Well the last DLC pack was called Finish Line, even at the time of its release before Evolution Studios were closed I took the name as a hint that it was the last, at least for the cars anyway.

If Driveclub gets a Neo (If PS4.5 is real) mode of 60fps that will fulfill my required minimum supported game list to upgrade my PS4.

1: Dark Souls 3
2: Bloodborn
3: Driveclub

I think the only thing Sony will do is launch Driveclub VR.. But the original game i don't think it would have more support and new content..

The last day i played the game, was the day Sony closed the studio,and evolution studios asked on twitter at the users to do "te last race". Since then i didn't touch the game again..
I don't gonna buy anything more with the name of Driveclub or Motorsport on it.

Long life to Evolution studios and happy they stay united in Codemasters!

I think the only thing Sony will do is launch Driveclub VR.. But the original game i don't think it would have more support and new content..

The last day i played the game, was the day Sony closed the studio,and evolution studios asked on twitter at the users to do "te last race". Since then i didn't touch the game again..
I don't gonna buy anything more with the name of Driveclub or Motorsport on it.

Long life to Evolution studios and happy they stay united in Codemasters!

That's a shame ^^ There is still a big following on twitter and the game is now 'complete' and still very playable..All challenges /MP still working..I am playing it again in support of Evo for all their hard work and feel Drive Club is too good to let it gather 'dust' or not touch it again. 👍

That's a shame ^^ There is still a big following on twitter and the game is now 'complete' and still very playable..All challenges /MP still working..I am playing it again in support of Evo for all their hard work and feel Drive Club is too good to let it gather 'dust' or not touch it again. 👍

Yup,i understand your point of view, but i was a folower of evolution studios (loved their WRC games a lot). And for me it's a real shame that Sony closed down the studio and didn't even let them the game engine... That the comercial name of Driveclub is property of Sony... Well ok,but the game engine is full work of evolution studios.(for me).

I really enjoyed the game and finished practically every tour and bikes.
But keep playing is supporting Sony, cause they are now keeping the server's and all the rest alive.. And the way they closed Evolution... Im sorry but the game stays shelved.

Now Driveclub VR has been listed in the ESBR, and Sony will launch it after all the work Evolution studios put in it...so i really hope that it would sale really bad and with a lot of issues and bugs..That's what Sony deserves!

Now I'm playing Dirt Rally and still Project C.A.R.S, awaiting news of evolution studios that started recently a new project, and they will have my support and money for sure..

For the rest... Sony don't care anymore about his users and workers.. The only thing they want money and more money after the epic fail of PlayStation now and Psvita..

Making a updated ps4 with new Cpu,better RAM and better GPU called PS4 neo is a pain in the ass for 40 millons of PS4 users..there PSVR..for this they got money.. But for maintaining first party studios not...

Next generation will be PC for me for sure.

Last edited:
As of now, still nothing is known about whether or not Sony will continue the work the Evolution probably still had on the table (other town tracks, cars etc.) As the Sony team now in charge of DC has been totally silent, things probably aren't looking good in that respect.

As for being too late - well, the season pass still offers a lot for you to do and plenty more cars to play with, so it's never truly over. Online though might well be limping a bit - but in truth, I hardly ever go there anyway.

Untill the game was supported by Evolution studios they did an update every month and always said there will be an update every month untill end of year. Now Sony closed Evolution studios and didn't say about the future, last update was in march, nothing in april, my feeling is that game is over.

Untill the game was supported by Evolution studios they did an update every month and always said there will be an update every month untill end of year. Now Sony closed Evolution studios and didn't say about the future, last update was in march, nothing in april, my feeling is that game is over.
It's only over if you let it be ;)

Still hoping for DriveClub VR as I (quite against my original plan) pre-ordered Playstation VR a couple of weeks ago.

The constant stream of new content was what kept my interest particularly high in DriveClub - currently taking a break (though I'm also taking a little break from even new shiny things like Dirt Rally), but I will most certainly be spending many more hours with DriveClub in the coming months.

Still hoping for DriveClub VR as I (quite against my original plan) pre-ordered Playstation VR a couple of weeks ago.

The constant stream of new content was what kept my interest particularly high in DriveClub - currently taking a break (though I'm also taking a little break from even new shiny things like Dirt Rally), but I will most certainly be spending many more hours with DriveClub in the coming months.

Big decision to go for the VR :sly: I hope they bring DC to VR along with PCars, GTS but I decided to wait and try one out first and probably get one for Xmas 16 if they is no delays etc DC would be a great experience!.
I am also taking a little break from the PS4 and DC but I will be back soon as I miss DC and Dirt Rally as well. :cheers:

P.S What extras do you have to order to play straight out the box, Did you order a seperate motion camera for PS4 and does it come with headphones or does it fit round existing ones as I do like my decent headphones/sound :) rather than coming out of TV/Stereo to annoy neighbours 👍

Big decision to go for the VR :sly: I hope they bring DC to VR along with PCars, GTS but I decided to wait and try one out first and probably get one for Xmas 16 if they is no delays etc DC would be a great experience!.
I am also taking a little break from the PS4 and DC but I will be back soon as I miss DC and Dirt Rally as well. :cheers:

P.S What extras do you have to order to play straight out the box, Did you order a seperate motion camera for PS4 and does it come with headphones or does it fit round existing ones as I do like my decent headphones/sound :) rather than coming out of TV/Stereo to annoy neighbours 👍

You need the PS camera but I can buy that locally here (pre-ordered PS VR from Amazon UK). I seem to remember hearing something about PS VR having built in headphones for "3D audio"? Not actually sure but otherwise I have several mid and high end stereo headphones from Sennheiser and AKG.

By biggest concern is if they'll not so gently make it obvious very near or after the PS VR release that you'll pretty much need the new PS Neo for a proper VR experience with graphically intensive games. Don't quite feel like shelling out for a new console as well when my current one is only around a year old.

Latest Posts

Back