Do you try and do the Seasonals with as little tuning as possible?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brend
  • 23 comments
  • 2,085 views

Brend

Premium
Messages
11,772
Scotland
Scotland
Messages
GTSophy-Lapos
Messages
ClassicBrend
Just when I was doing the Mini challenge this came into my mind...

I try and do it with as little tuning and performance upgrades as possible because It makes for a great, exciting race rather than a complete blowout for cash.

How about you?
 
Nope! Nada! Why would I? If there is a leaderboard, my idea is to try and get as high up the leaderboard as possible. Isn't that why they have a leaderboard? It's a competition! I'll do as much tuning as I can to get to the top.

BTW, look at the leaderboards, you can tell I am a lousy tunner!!! :grumpy:
 
Yes, thats what I do..
 
Nope! Nada! Why would I? If there is a leaderboard, my idea is to try and get as high up the leaderboard as possible. Isn't that why they have a leaderboard? It's a competition! I'll do as much tuning as I can to get to the top.

BTW, look at the leaderboards, you can tell I am a lousy tunner!!! :grumpy:

The leader boards are filled with Aid users, (cheaters) in my opinion.. The only place I even try really is the Drift Trials (no aids) there..
 
I like to use the Seasonals to develop my limited tuning abilities. Take a car below the PP of the competition and play with suspension, transmission and LSD until I can win.
 
I'm pretty sure the OP was speaking of the A-spec Seasonals, not TTs or DTs. ;)

For me, I first just grab the fastest car and get the Cr. and gear. Then, I go back and see how "low I can go" and still beat the race when I feel like messing around or am not racing online.

Many threads around with these types of challenges in them, so you can see what others are doing in certain Seasonals, too. 👍
 
I prefer setting up a car that has a little higher PP than the AI cars. So, I end up in a tight race. Where is the fun when you just pass by the others? And why to spend my time without having fun? This game has serious fun if you want to. There is no point to just win, take the money, the prize, whatever. The race itself is the trip in GT and the trip matters enough in life.
 
I love to do this and do it all the time. For the European Hot Hatch seasonal I purchased a Peugeot 207 GTi and kept it stock. I managed 3 podiums. 1 silver and 2 thirds. :)
 
I usually go with no tuning and only add bits & pieces after I really know that I will never win. Certainly makes it a good challenge

With the Stars & Stripes I'm not doing very well at all. The AI is walking all over me. Pretty hard to find grip with sports tires and all the aides turned off. All that horsepower is messing me up. Looks like I will have some fun with this one.
 
How about you?

Almost always.

I like to use the Seasonals to develop my limited tuning abilities. Take a car below the PP of the competition and play with suspension, transmission and LSD until I can win.

This is exactly what I do. I like to match tyres to the competition as well.

I love to do this and do it all the time. For the European Hot Hatch seasonal I purchased a Peugeot 207 GTi and kept it stock. I managed 3 podiums. 1 silver and 2 thirds. :)

If you enjoyed the car stock, then give THIS a try. I'm sure you'll enjoy it...

{Cy}
 
I haven't done a seasonal in so long. Only did it to get some cash.
 
I like to use a car at the max allowable PP, and then see how "low" I can go with tire selection. For example, I've been having fun using a Muira with CM tires in the new European Hatch seasonal.
 
Just when I was doing the Mini challenge this came into my mind...

I try and do it with as little tuning and performance upgrades as possible because It makes for a great, exciting race rather than a complete blowout for cash.

How about you?

Hey OP, I had this idea a while back too - see my latest thread for the USA seasonals

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=236620
 
All my cars are heavily modified ones :) so no, I don't do the seasonals with stock cars... :scared:

From time to time I do use cars with almost no modifications at all, but in general, I don't like stock cars :nervous:
 
There is no point doing any A-Spec race with a tuned car, unless it's required. Which is never.
 
A little of both really. Yesterday I did the Stars & Stripes with a stock Ford GT, which comes on sports hard. I did have to put mediums on for Tokyo, but as I've said before, this has always been something of a bogey track for me.

The Euro hatchback event was something of a tune-fest, starting with blatantly uncompetetive cars and making them win.
 
I try and complete the seasonals with as few limbs as possible, I did the kart TT with one eye closed, steering with my foot and pedals with my elbows.

It was a real challenge.
 
I try and complete the seasonals with as few limbs as possible, I did the kart TT with one eye closed, steering with my foot and pedals with my elbows.

It was a real challenge.

:lol:

👍
 
Classic
Just when I was doing the Mini challenge this came into my mind...

I try and do it with as little tuYening and performance upgrades as possible because It makes for a great, exciting race rather than a complete blowout for cash.

How about you?

Yes. Because I am lazy.
 
I try and complete the seasonals with as few limbs as possible, I did the kart TT with one eye closed, steering with my foot and pedals with my elbows.

It was a real challenge.

What was you time?

I bet I can do the Daytona stars and stripes race with a brick on the gas, steering with my shoulder.....
 
Usually, I try to go with the best available and legal car for a Seasonal. Something about me is that I don't like losing or being upstaged. So overpowering my car within regulations is how I usually go. Now if you mean "little tuning as possible" in regards to actual setups and such, then I always go with default setups because I am not a tuning expert.
 
Usually, I try to go with the best available and legal car for a Seasonal. Something about me is that I don't like losing or being upstaged. So overpowering my car within regulations is how I usually go. Now if you mean "little tuning as possible" in regards to actual setups and such, then I always go with default setups because I am not a tuning expert.

See, but the fun is in the challenge of it! 470pp in the hot hatch section for example is ridiculously high, even though you are set in the lowest qualifying position, there are only 12 cars, and you're so much faster than they are that you're usually first by about... half way through lap 2 give or take.

On topic - see my thread, thought of this long ago.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=236620
 
I try and complete the seasonals with as few limbs as possible, I did the kart TT with one eye closed, steering with my foot and pedals with my elbows.

It was a real challenge.

You made my wife laugh ! :) that gets a 👍 LOL
 
I meant to say this from my previous post... I don't like being upstaged or losing in a race I know I could have won. That's what I really meant to say. Regardless, I usually go with whatever I have. Almost like playing your best cards in your possession, so to speak.
 
Back