Do you tune Drift Cars on a track specific basis?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheRedStig
  • 7 comments
  • 650 views
Messages
123
United States
Colorado Springs
Messages
Srivers33
Hey there fellow GT Players...I'm the lead dev at DarkLionRacing and we're putting together a new App that will let you tune your cars with specific tracks in mind. My question is...would the majority use this feature in relation to Drifting?

We have the racing section done...but we're not sure if you'd all rather have just a section to see all your Drift tunes, or like the racing section...make it track specific....What say you?
 
Track specific? No. I, and I would say 85% of the drifters all have one tune they use and adjust as needed (understeer, oversteer, too much wheelspin, etc.). But we'll also have tunes set for each tire that we use. Most use Comfort Hards. Some use Comfort Mediums and Comfort Softs.
 
Track specific? No. I, and I would say 85% of the drifters all have one tune they use and adjust as needed (understeer, oversteer, too much wheelspin, etc.). But we'll also have tunes set for each tire that we use. Most use Comfort Hards. Some use Comfort Mediums and Comfort Softs.

Agreed. One tune fits all. Tires and all.
 
Yeah I'd imagine you'd be better off giving this a miss 👍
 
Awesome guys, kinda figured so but wanted some outside opinions. Thanks
 
Good luck with your app :)
 
It's pretty much personal what fit your style and what not, for me it's only lower springs and bit rear toe, camber and changed LSD..
(I bet most peoples can't even notice changes between untuned and my tuned car :lol: )Tranny is only what needs own setup every track and car.

Those are only mine experiences from drift tuning.

Good luck with that anyway :)

I bolded part what makes app making hard :lol:
 
only the trans and power, a track like tsukuba is nice at around 4-500hp while longer drifts (Fuji) i'll open it up to 650-800hp.
 
Back