Do you use Track Editor? (I love it!)

  • Thread starter Thread starter squeakD
  • 3 comments
  • 488 views
Messages
514
I personally find the Track Editor in this title to be a huge benefit. Granted., it's not as detailed as some would like it, but it offers you a lot of variations on a single track.

The biggest advantage I've found today for the track templates is the ability to set (time of day). I love Rally Racing.., but the problem with the preset Rally Courses is the time of day. It's very annoying from the interior cam because there's an overdone "white-wash" effect.

Being able to set your time of day in the Track Editor allows you to avoid the white-washing from the interior cam! I find that the dirt track works best at 17:00 (5:00 pm).
 
The biggest disadvantage I've found is that you can't change time of day for all templates, and that you can only do it in narrow intervals on the templates that actually let you do it.
 
The biggest disadvantage I've found is that you can't change time of day for all templates, and that you can only do it in narrow intervals on the templates that actually let you do it.

I don't see that as a disadvantage considering a few temps are already set for a specific time of day. I find it greatly beneficial for the dirt and snow courses.
 
Basically its a random generator and with the same background it doesn't make any track feel different
 
Back