Do you want to GT4 Online???

• Thread starter askia47
  • 24 comments
Originally posted by f1king
hell yeah i wanna race someone else not stupid AI driver.

Yeah, could be fun, BUT there is always the possibility of someone wanting to ruin the experince for people that really want to race.

What would you do if you were in the lead of a race, and then being hit by some @sshole that think it is fun to race the wrong way around the track ??

I think that the fun of racing online could be ruined in a fraction of a second.

I hope that AI will still be in GT4..

But don't misunderstand me, I can't wait to race you guys.. :)

Online racing would be ok with me so long as they don't detract from the overall game experience with it. For me I still would get the most enjoyment out of the one player simulation mode than online racing. I would rather see them put a little more time into that. What with the problems with con speed, lag and the inevitable jackass who is there to ruin everyone elses time. If I want multiplayer I'll buy something for my computer.

Originally posted by CloneHead

Yeah, could be fun, BUT there is always the possibility of someone wanting to ruin the experince for people that really want to race.

Hmm... That would definately ruin online play *really* fast. However, there are plenty of ways around this.

Just off the top of my head, every network card in the world has a MAC address (or something along those lines - anyone who's a bigger geek than me, feel free to correct me). This is an address that is unique to the card. I would think they could limit access to a certain MAC address - it would work much better than doing it by IP.

Just banning morons would solve that problem pretty quickly - that one single race would obviously have been ruined, however, if you send your saved replay to a moderator, that would stop that putz from ruining it for you in the future.

<shrug>

I'd like to vs. some of you here and at granturismo.com, but i probably won't be able to afford to go online. :(

I'd say no...My PS2 is way too far from my pc, and even then my connection sucks so it wouldn'd work. Its one of those things, like when you get a big turbo for your car, and while it's fun, your car drives crappy sometimes and the milage went down, and you wish you never had it.

Yes absolutly! Just think about it!! When mainmenu showing up and you see 3 main modes - Simulation, arcade and Online!
That would kick ass.. seriously! I know that some players may spoil thing like running the wrong way on the track, but there is always ppl like that! Just look at Counter-strike for example! Always a teamkiller somewhere near by!
If the onlineplay comes true, i hope they do it good with alot of options availeble so you can customize races, HP-limit and stuff!

I would welcome online play in Gran Turismo! My dream would come true..finally.. after years of wait!

:P

Hmm... now, I'm just completely making stuff up, but since we're just dreaming here...

What would be decent would be to allow for a server client to host the game. Somethin' running on a Linux box (so it stays running for more than a day or two at a time). That way, the server admin could select whatever rules he'd like to enforce - ie HP limits and/or car type and or model blah blah blah blah.

I've got a Dual P3 board sitting here waiting for me to find a use for it...

<GRIN>

Ok, so that wouldn't happen, but please don't rain on my parade.

If they make like a remote modem that doesn't run off of your phone lines, like those IMac thingys. If they do that then everyone would be able to use it, and they should make it so it's free, just the price of the modem. Then I would consider...

I want to race online with GT4, but i don't want it to become the most important part of the game. I think the simulation and arcade game should be the main part of the game, and the online part a smal part of the game.

My thoughts exactly. It would be a bummer if they focus too much on the online aspect of the game and only include some minor features in the real game. I know my computer doesn't have the right type of equipment to play online games, but then again this game won't be out in well over a year, so hopefully we will have another computer by then.

FuryX21 - ummm..... the online version of GT4 will be for the PS2, not the PC.

All you will need is to buy the broadband adapter (when it ever comes out) and have a highspeed connection - (cable or DSL)

Please keep in mind, this is not based on any fact. hehehe

Originally posted by ethanol
FuryX21 - ummm..... the online version of GT4 will be for the PS2, not the PC.

All you will need is to buy the broadband adapter (when it ever comes out) and have a highspeed connection - (cable or DSL)

Please keep in mind, this is not based on any fact. hehehe
Thats the thing about it: I don't have cable or DSL! I think my computer is running on like 14K or something (if theres even such a thing).

Originally posted by FuryX21

Thats the thing about it: I don't have cable or DSL! I think my computer is running on like 14K or something (if theres even such a thing).

lol - you have my sympathy man. (Hmm... maybe I shouldn't have laughed then) <shrug> Anyways... lol - we're going to have to take up a collection for you. Do yourself a favor, walk into your local computer store or whatever is closest with a mittful of dimes and go buy yourself atleast a 56k modem.

Better yet, just order Cable or DSL if it's available in your area. If not. Uhhh.. :lol: I'm sorry to hear that.

lol

Seriously though, as I understand it, if you want to play GT4 online, you *will* need a broadband connection, however, this isn't 'till 2003 (if I remember correctly) so you've got some time to get saving.

I'm have the same problem. DSL runs right down a street that connects to mine, but since it's long and only 3 people live on it they won't run it down here for a few years. Hopefully that will be in time for GT4 or at least PS3.

Same problem here, I have a 56k but only connect at 24.6 to 28.8k/sec so online play would definetly suck. But I'm moving out soon to an area that will most likely have at least DSL and will be saving up for that. That will be sometime this year or next so I've still got time. But DSL or Cable doesn't come out here because not enough people will buy it and it'll cost more than it'll make. Same for cable t.v.

Back