Dodge Ram Van B1500 5.9L V8 SWB 2000

United States
Sacramento, CA
pikachuracer11
PikachuRacer
Ram-van-2000.jpg

2000-dodge-ram-van-7.jpg

The Dodge Ram Van B1500 is the entry-level model for the line of Dodge full-size vans.

Powered by the 5.9-liter "Magnum" V8, this van was intended to be a workhorse in North America. However in Japan, these vans are lowered and given more power for use in an entry-level grassroots racing event called the D-Van GP (a one-make series exclusive to street-legal Dodge Ram vans). The tuning name for these tuned vans is called "Youga Base".

Though this may be a bit slow for those who prefer supercars and sports cars, this van has potential to be a serious heavyweight tuner for under-500pp racing. Would also be fun to recreate the D-Van GP on the various Japanese tracks on GT.

Example of "Youga Base" Dodge Ram Vans in Japan.
RamVanTuned.jpg

Specifications
------------------
Weight: 4184lbs (1897kg)
Length: 192.6in (4892.0mm)
Width: 78.8in (2001.5mm)
Height: 80.7in (2049.7mm)
Wheelbase: 109.4in (2778.7mm)

Drivetrain: Front Engine - Rear Wheel Drive
Transmission: 4-speed Automatic
Engine: 5.9-liter "Magnum" OHV SFI V8
Power: 245hp (182kW) @ 4000 RPM
Torque: 335lb-ft (454Nm) @ 3200 RPM

0-60mph in 8.3 seconds
Top Speed (estimated): around 110mph

Updated: The dimensions for the van originally on this post were from the Long Wheelbase (LWB) Model, I adjusted it to provide the actual Short Wheelbase (SWB) dimensions.

Last edited:
.........These are popular in Japan?? Really? Do they even have roads wide enough for 'em, let alone parking spaces?
Obviously loving it. Now we need to have a full-fledged livery editor to go with it - so I can create a replica of that non-descript "listening-in" vans used by NSA...:D

.........These are popular in Japan?? Really? Do they even have roads wide enough for 'em, let alone parking spaces?
Obviously loving it. Now we need to have a full-fledged livery editor to go with it - so I can create a replica of that non-descript "listening-in" vans used by NSA...:D
For a while I thought that American cars couldn't be imported to Japan because they would be too big.

Back